5

"Are you Jang Hyewon?"

The young girl looked at up the young man suspiciously. He put a hand on the door as she was about to close it.
"Wait uh, I'm Lee Taeyong from the police department."

She eyed him, her guard still up. "What do you want?"

"Uh," he hesitated, "your parents-"

"What about my parents?" Her voice wavered. She knew that they were away for a short trip, alone, exposed to threats without their bodyguards.

"The police found them-"

Her heart started to beat faster. "Don't say it. I don't want to hear it." She slammed the door on him, running back upstairs.

As the leaders of a gang, her parents had told her too many times that they had lots of enemies that wanted them dead and that she should be prepared.

She just wasn't expecting it to be so soon. Countless of sleepless nights followed after that.

Today was one of those nights. Hyewon stood out on the balcony, leaning her arms over it with a picture in her hands.
The cold air that blew past made her feel alone and brought tears to her eyes.

She brought the picture up into the moon's light, glaring at the man in it, her sadness turning into bottled up anger.

"I'll get my revenge one day."

_

"I'll be putting you in pairs for the upcoming project," the teacher announced.

Hyewon put her head down on the table and mentally cursed out.
She hated doing work with other people, especially when she always ends up doing most of it.

"Jang Hyewon and Na Jaemin, you'll be doing the project together." She lifted her head up at the mention of his name, feeling slightly relieved.

"Yay I guess we're partners." Jaemin smiled at her.
"You won't let me do all the work by myself right?"

"I won't," he tittered, pretending to flick his hair. "I personally think I'm a very resourceful member."

Hyewon let out a chuckle. "If you say so."

"You can come by today and we can work on it?"
She thought about it for a while. "Yea sure sounds like a plan."

"