19

"This should be the right one."

Hyewon gazed up at his window, lights still on. She proceeded towards his porch and rang the doorbell.
In less than ten seconds she could hear the locks click and the door opened.
"Noona? What are you doing here?"

"May I come inside?"
Jisung nodded his head, moving aside as Hyewon stepped in. "I need you to help me look for someone."

She handed Jisung a picture.
"Who's he?"

"He murdered my parents and the cops can't seem to track him down. I don't even know his name."

He was curious, but decided not to ask too much about her parents' death, she probably didn't want to talk about it either anyways.

"Wha- if the cops can't find him then how could I?"

Hyewon shrugged. "I was thinking that an inside job could be possible, you never know."

Jisung nodded his head again, going over to put the picture on his table as she looked around.
"Are you living alone?"

"Yea my parents are in Busan."

Hyewon tilted her head. "Then why did you come to Seoul?"

"Um..."
The boy paused, scratching the side of his head. "I guess me and my parents don't really get along- well, it's more like they don't like me."

She wasn't sure how to react. To be honest she really wanted to say that at least he had parents, but everyone's situation was different and she couldn't be insensitive like that, or let her emotions get the better of her.

"So do you like it then? Living by yourself, I mean."

"Hm yea, I guess being alone is better than being lonely, isn't it?"

She lightly chuckled.
"I guess you're right."