21

It was raining but he couldn't care less, letting the rain soak his clothes as he walked down the sidewalk.

He kicked at the tiny rocks beneath his feet, not knowing what was bothering him and it was pissing him off.

"Huh? You're kidding right?" Donghyuck whipped his head back at Jaemin who was looking at him with visible disappointment on his face.

"No I'm not."

He rolled his eyes. "Well how was I supposed to know her parents died."

"Exactly. You don't, so stop mindlessly saying shit like that."

"And she's right- you can't just kill anyone you like."
He pushed past Donghyuck, not wanting to be in the same room as his careless friend any longer.
"I'm not cleaning your mess this time, do it yourself."

He glanced down at his blood stained hands, regretting not washing them before he went out.

His eyes raised and saw the familiar convenience store in the distance, unconsciously walking towards it.

The worker who was usually on that shift shrunk back into his seat upon seeing Donghyuck enter.

The gang leader wasn't exactly in his most presentable form right now, making the part timer squint his eyes at him as he took a bottle of alcohol and placed it on the countertop.

He suspected Donghyuck wasn't of legal age but he didn't say anything about it, especially not when he was being stared down at.

He grabbed the bottle after leaving the money on the counter and headed back outside into the cold night. "Keep the change."

The rain turned into a light drizzle as he continued to wander around the area.
It wasn't that late so there were still a few cars that whizzed by, but the streets still seemed a little lonely with Donghyuck being the only one out there.

The streetlights started to blur as the distraughted boy's vision began to falter, trying to concentrate on where his feet were taking him.
He bumped into a guy and snapped out of his daze. "Shit I should head back home."

"Hey!"

Donghyuck flinched at the guy's loud voice, turning around to look at him. "You bumped into me and you're not going to apologize?"

He rolled his eyes, letting out an amused chuckle. "I'm sorry what?"

The alcohol coursing through his system lead to him ignoring the fact that this guy was twice his size, tattoos covering his body.

He seemed like your typical gangster you'd see on the streets, much different from Donghyuck- more brawn than brains.

"Whatever loser."
He tried leaving again, only for him to be dragged by the collar down the stairs to the open grass field below the sidewalk.

"Chill out dude," Donghyuck laughed, his smile disappearing when he saw the man brandish a pocket knife.

He quickly reached for his gun that he usually carried around, but to his luck, he left it at home on the night when he probably needed to use it.

"Oh shit," he breathed out, keeping his eyes on the man. "Uh how about we talk this out bro."

The sudden impact of the dirt hitting his back shocked him as he got tackled to the ground, unable to move with the weight on top of him.

"You're heavy," he giggled.
"What the fuck did you say?"

Donghyuck moved his hands around, making drunken gestures as he spoke. "You look like a huge teddy bear- but with a lot of tattoos, and some serious anger issues."

He got pressed harder onto the ground after the little statement he made.

Forgetting the guy had a weapon, he made more jokes, only shutting up after seeing the guy raise his hand, along with the knife.

"Aha fuck."

_

Hyewon sighed as she stared down at her parents graves, remembering the day when the coffins were lowered into the ground.

She cried the whole day, not knowing how to feel but now she felt like somehow it's better if they didn't feel the stress of being in the gang after leading it for so long.

She sometimes wonder how they do it- only a year had pass and there were times when she felt like giving up.

The girl stayed for a little bit more before saying bye and headed for the metal gates of the cemetery which made a loud creaking sound as she pushed it.

The cold from the previous downpour still lingered in the air, nipping at her skin as she strolled down the side pavement.

Hyewon was almost home when she saw two guys having a fight.
She would've ignored them and let it be but one of them seemed familiar.

She squinted her eyes in the dark, the commotion being far away from any of the streelights.

"Donghyuck?"
She gasped, unsure of what to do as she saw the knife glimmer in the moonlight, ready to be plunged down.