35

They rushed out the emergency exit, dashing out of the alley it led to.

"He must've saw us."

"Yea no shit," Hyewon taunted, making Donghyuck roll his eyes at her.

They hurriedly went along the side of the building out to the front where it was yet again packed with people, scanning through the crowd.

Jaemin and Jisung were spotted trying to squeeze their way past everyone, hastened to get to them.

"Guys!" Jaemin called out, pointing to the direction behind them. "We saw him go that way."

"Okay let's go."

Han Soo wasn't able to be seen but they figured they were going the right way since it was a one way path from the club, a left turn further down the road.

Slowing down at the turn, they peered around the corner, and there was their guy, on the opposite side of the road.
They eyed him as Taeyong called for back up.

He was fidgety and anxious, looking over his shoulder every now and then and snapping towards the slightest of noise.
He nervously clutched the strap of his sling bag tighter.

"What's his other hand holding?"
Donghyuck pointed to the plastic bag he carried, contents of it unknown.

"Like we're supposed to know," Jisung chaffed. "I can go ask him for you."

"That's it you little p-"

"Can the two of you stop it," Hyewon hushed them, getting out from behind the corner.
"Come on we're losing sight of him."

There was a low hum of traffic in the distance as they tried to keep their foot steps as light as possible, trying to catch up to speed with Han Soo but keep a distance at the same time.

They stopped under the shadows, away from the streetlight when they noticed the tall abandoned looking apartment looming over, hiding the moon behind it. Han Soo enetered the building, the dark engulfing him.

"Uh so is this his hideout?" Donghyuck snickered. "Tragic."

"Do we go in?"
"Yea, backup should be arriving soon," Taeyong said.

On the land in front of the building, rubble and debris of glass were scattered everywhere.
It crunched under their shoes as they headed towards the run down entrance.

Many bricks and sharp edges of broken pipes had to be avoided on the way, stepping over them.

"If he had money why would he come to a place like this?" Jisung inquired.

"Well we'll find out once we find him."

Donghyuck scrunched his face when they made their way inside, covering his nose with his hand. "Man that stench."

The air was musky and damp - the feeling of it on their faces was anything but refreshing and on either side of them, the elevator doors seemed to be stuck half way shut and sparks crackled from the cut wires.

Like any other old building, the paint on the walls were crumbling off, adding to the mess on the floor.
The tiles they stood on were cracked, exposing the cement underneath.

In front of them, the books behind the reception area were still somehow neatly arranged but the pages had turned yellow with age, a few bugs crawling over them which made the young boy squirm.
"Ew."