16

Hyewon slitted her eyes and pushed him away. "Have you ever heard of personal space?"

Donghyuck poked his tongue on the inside of his cheek, blowing the hair that blocked his sight away.

He clicked his tongue when he realized Jaemin and the girl left.
"Oh look they're gone."

"Were you seriously spying on them?"

He chuckled. "No that's creepy. I was just here to buy stuff and saw them." He started walking towards the store, Hyewon promenading beside him. "Cool me too."

Donghyuck eyed the girl. "We are not about to go grocery shopping together- go somewhere else."

She scorned.
"Would it kill you to be nice?"
"Yes I'd probably die."

Hyewon wasn't going to lie- even though it was a bit out of the blue, she has wondered why he wouldn't just be nice to other people.

"Don't you want friends at school? No one is going to talk to you if all you're ever going to be is mean."

"Who said I wanted any friends?"
"I just thought-"

He let out a heavy sigh. "If scary is all they're ever going to see me as, there's no point in being nice."

"What? I'm sure they'll understand sooner or later, you just need to give them some time."

Donghyuck's outstretched hand paused in front of the glass door's automated button, pulling it back and shoving it into the pockets of his hoodie. He held his gaze on the gravel floor longer than he intended to before looking up at her.

"Then why haven't you told anyone that you're a gang leader too?" He mockingly tilted his head. "Hypocritical isn't it?"

Hyewon didn't know what to say- she had nothing to say because he was right. Deep down she knew they wouldn't accept her- it might even be worse for her considering how they've seen her being nice and vulnerable.

"You're scared aren't you?" he continued.
"You know that your friends will turn against you but you're here telling me to be nice and give them time to understand the kind of shit I do- no the shit that we do?"

"And honestly I doubt they're your friends, you're just too nice for some reason and you let everyone take advantage of you."

She scoffed, shaking her head at him as she started to walk away, ditching the idea of getting any food or snacks. "You know what, screw this I'm leaving."

Hyewon was a tough person, sure, but she had her sensitive side too and she definitely let his words hurt her.

Donghyuck bitterly ruffled his hair, not knowing why he suddenly lashed out like that.
Looking up at the sudden fall of raindrops, he stepped further into the shade and was about to call out to the girl but she was already gone.