9

"You should stop talking about me getting killed."

The heavy metallic scent caught her by surprise when she got into his car, making her scrunch her nose.

Her breath hitched at the thought of him just coming from slaughtering someone, not yet used to the idea that there were people out there who do what she does.

"Shouldn't you be used to the smell or something?" Donghyuck snickered, eyes glimmering with every passing street light as he caught her shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"Why would I be?"
"You kill people too don't you?"

She leaned back into her seat, folding her arms across her chest.
"Do you invite other girls into your car when you wreak of blood or is it just me?"

"Only if they're going to die."

She raised a brow, peering over to him. "So are you going to kill me?"

"Nah I have better things to do."
They stopped at a red light, rain pattering down the window. Hyewon rested her head on the glass and watched the rain droplets roll down it.

Donghyuck turned his head to look at her. They barely know each other but here they were, in the same car with some old ballad song playing on the radio.

He would be lying if he said he didn't think she looked pretty with the moonlight on her face, but he quickly shook his head and pursed his lips at the random thought, stepping on the pedal as the light turned green.

The sound of the rain was the only thing that could be heard for the rest of the drive.

Hyewon broke the silence once they were closing in on her gates, her guards stepping in front of them momentarily before moving away when they recognized her.
"You can just drop me off here."

"It's fine, I'll drive in."

She put a hand on the door handle. "No it's okay I'll walk-"

"Geez just let me drive you in," he protested. "I'm only doing this cause it's raining- don't get the wrong idea."
She pulled her hand away from the handle, giving permission for the gates to be opened.

"So, uh, how's your day?" Hyewon asked as they drove down the pathway, trees and bushes surrounding them.

"Is this seriously how you socialize with people?"
"At least I'm trying."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, slowing down when he saw her front door, more guards standing on each side of it. "Why do you have so many guards," he commented

"Okay but are you going to entertain my question or not?"

He glanced at her with the 'are you serious' face, stopping the car as he did so.
He sighed. "Well just the usual ya know, going around the school and scaring people."

Now it was her turn to sigh, mind flashing back to what she had said on the rooftop.
"If you were that offended, I'm sorry okay?"

Her hand went to the handle again, opening the door with no one stopping her this time.

"I don't think you're a bad person by the way."
She looked at him over her shoulder as she stepped out. His eyes were glued to whatever that was in front of him, unfazed by her attempt at being nice.

She continued anyways, giving him a shrug.
"You probably just been through a lot."

Hyewon's big ass gang gang house #youngandrich