17

The two avoided each other, only momentarily glancing at each other when they went down the school hallways. Other than that, it's like they were strangers once again.

Back to before, they ate lunch separately- Jaemin with Donghyuck, and Hyewon who at least had the company of Jisung.

They didn't know what happened between the both of them but they hope the little feud would be over soon because they missed all four of them just being together.

Today was just like all the other days. Jaemin and Donghyuck were together at one corner, chatting away.

Hyewon arrived to school, some books in one hand and her phone in the other, glancing at it every once in a while.
A piece of paper fell from in between her book- Donghyuck noticing it as she walked past.

"Hyew-"
Before he could get her attention, another guy had already picked it up for her. He leaned back onto the wall as he watched Hyewon smile at the guy, thanking him.

"Dude just apologize to her."

He softly shrugged Jaemin's hand off his shoulder. "I'll think about it."

_

Hyewon looked at the words on the board distastefully.

History

Whatever the teacher was saying it went through one ear and out the other. She picked up her blade, mindlessly playing with it as the class went on.

Her mind drifted somewhere else, not paying attention to the blade she was still fiddling with and accidentally made a long cut below the thumb of her other hand.

"Hey you okay?" Jaemin dropped his things and checked on her hand.

"Yeah I'm fine- ow- I've had worse."

The teacher rushed over after seeing blood beading up onto Hyewon's skin. "Oh no sweetie I think you should head over to the nurse."

Hyewon nodded, blowing cold air onto the cut as she stepped out of class.

She passed by Donghyuck's classroom on her way, slowing down to see if he was there or not through the window but his place was unoccupied.

"Did he leave early," she muttered to herself.
She won't concede it but she preferred it when they were making snarky remarks at each other rather than the awkward silent treatment they were having.

She came to a stop in front of the infirmary and opened the door, but the nurse no where to be found- she probably left for lunch or something.

She could make out another student's sleeping figure behind the drawn curtains, deciding not to disturb and to find the first aid kit herself.

Searching through the cabinets she finally found it, on the top most shelf.

Unfortunately, there was no stool of any sort and the nurse's rolling chair seemed a little too risky, so she made an attempt to reach for it.

As she was about to give up, another hand came up beside hers and took the kit of the shelf.

Recognizing who it was by the way his melanin skin contrasted her pale tone, she slowly turned around, making eye contact with him.

"Hey Princess."