12

Hyewon felt like her eyes would pop out at any moment with the amount of time she spent on her phone- it's not like there was anything else to do.

A few light knocks came from the front door. She slowly got off the couch and staggered towards the door, wondering who it could be since she wasn't expecting anybody.

She let out a deep sigh when she saw who it was through the screen intercom. Her hand tightly grabbed the handle before flinging it open.
"What the fuck do you want?"

He hadn't change one bit- still paring his hoodies with ripped jeans. She wished she could wipe that smug look off his face, the same one he had when she broke up with him.

"Woah chill Hyewon." Min Kyung raised both of his hands, leaning to the side so he could catch a glimpse of the inside. "Can I come in?"

Hyewon reluctantly moved to the side. "You didn't answer my question- What are you doing here?"

He made himself comfortable on her sofa, which pissed her off.
"Just thought I'd come by and see how you're holding up."

"I'm doing just fine, so please get out of my house."

"Are you sure?" he questioned, looking down at her thigh, "doesn't seem so."

At this point, Hyewon was already more than mad. The arrogance in the guy triggered every single nerve in her body, making her press her temples.

He simpered. "What? Are you going to threaten me with your guards again?"

Just then, three boys barged into the house. "Hey I don't think we should come in just-"
Their bickering stopped as they made eye contact with Hyewon and the unfamiliar face that stood in front of her.

Min Kyung let out a fake gasp. "Dang Hyewon who are they?"
His irritating laugh that filled the room infuriated her even more.

"Get your disgusting ass out of my house." She pushed a finger towards his chest, but he just laughed, finding the situation unknowingly funny. "Aw but why?"

Donghyuck strided up to the two, venom lacing his words as he spoke. "Hey dude she asked you to leave."
He glared at Min Kyung, punching him in his mind but no one needed to know that.

Min Kyung glanced at Hyewon before landing his gaze back onto Donghyuck. "Geez relax, I'll leave."

He made sure he bumped into Donghyuck's shoulder before slamming the door on his way out, and when he did, Hyewon finally slumped onto the couch- the stress reaching her head.

"Why are people randomly showing up at my house today?" she huffed. "And how did any of you even get past the gates?"

Jaemin shrugged, sitting down beside her.
"You haven't been coming to school so we thought we should come check on you."

Jisung scurried over from the front door, catching the sight of Hyewon's leg being wrapped up. He let out a tiny gasp. "Noona what happened to your leg?"

She looked at Jisung reassuringly, "It's not serious- I just got a little hurt, that's all."

"Well since we're here," Jaemin beamed, coming up with an idea, "how 'bout we watch a movie!"

"What? But I-"

Jisung interrupted Donghyuck, jumping with excitement, "I want to pick!"

_

The two who were the most enthusiastic surpringly fell asleep on the floor during the movie, leaving Hyewon and Donghyuck to be the only ones awake.

To be honest, neither of them were really focusing on the movie, but more on the tension they were sharing. Donghyuck cleared his throat.
"So what actually happened to your leg?"

"I got shot," Hyewon dryly replied.
Her answer came as a shock to him- he's been scraped by bullets many times but he hasn't actually had one lodged into him. "Um how do you feel?"

"I'm okay I guess- it was an experience."

Right after she said that, the awkward silence took place again. Donghyuck rubbed his neck, deciding to just watch the movie- he wasn't exactly the type to be good at conversing with others.

The credits soon rolled in and even though he kinda did enjoy the movie, the feeling of relief washed over him- he could finally go. That is, until he felt a head on his shoulder.

Sleep took over Hyewon and she didn't even realize that her head was leaning onto him, making the boy freeze.

He carefully turned his head towards her, glimpsing at her face, a few hair strands covering it.

"Um Hyewon.."