26

"So," Jaemin cleared his throat, "how was your first experience in jail?"

"I will hit you." Donghyuck glared at him, diverting his gaze when Taeyong came back with their drinks.

"Whose blood was that?"
She took her cup and sipped on it, disregarding Donghyuck's gaze on her as she asked Taeyong her question.

"It was this guy the cops were already looking for, so I told the others to just let it go."

Should he be feeling relieved that at least they knew he had nothing to do with the killer, or more worried that she might think he was recklessly killing people again.

Honestly what even makes him different from the murderer they were all looking for?

Hyewon nodded her head, changing the subject. "We found all the people who also bought the same shoes but none of them seemed suspicious."

"There must be some reason he only targets women who don't have any family," Jaemin stated.

She couldn't help but think if she was a possible target, since she did fit the criteria.
Her facial expression dropped but they were too immersed in their conversation to notice- except for Donghyuck.

He sat beside her so it was easier for him to lean over.
"Don't worry Princess, you'll be fine."

"Right, thanks," she answered, finally being able to breathe again when he leaned back into his seat, but her heart still continued to hammer in her chest.

That was only because of the case, right?

_

"You eat too much."

"Shut up Jaemin, the food they gave me over there was absolute shit. I dare say it was even worse than your cooking."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment."

Donghyuck stood up after picking his last pack of instant noodles, putting it in the basket that was already filled with other items to the top.

"So what happened after I got arrested," he sighed, stacking the items on the counter while the worker scanned it, slightly freaked out by their conversation.

"What else? Everyone obviously started talking, the teachers too."

"I'm not even surprised anymore," he shrugged, giving Jaemin a pat on the back before heading towards the door. "You're paying, thanks."

"Hey these aren't even mine!"

The same coldness greeted him once again as he stepped out. The stars seemed brighter tonight, the scene in front of him calming him a little.

There was a playground in front of him, making him reminiscent the times he would play there when his family was still alright.
He'd love to experience it again, but that's not happening anytime soon.

His eyes travelled to the swing set, squinting his eyes as he got a look of a familiar figure sitting in one of them.

"Hey you ready to go?"
Jaemin came up from behind, carrying multiple bags in his hands.

"Um you go ahead, I have something to do."