34

This feeling wasn't familiar to Hyewon at all.

Students backed away to the side of the hallway as she walked with Donghyuck, everyone clearly avoiding eye contact with her.

"Don't worry princess you'll get used to it soon."
His eyes were still set ahead of him as he opened the cafeteria doors.
It seemed more packed than usual, probably because they were serving those red velvet cakes today.

"Oh there they are."
Jaemin waved them over. He wouldn't have been able to spot the two if it wasn't for the other people shuffling away from them.

The four of them sat at their usual place at the back, discerning the day to day whispers.

"I just realised she always sat with them during lunch."
"I knew there was something off with her."
"I can't believe Jisung's friends with them too."
"Yea shame, he was kinda cute."

"Noona aren't you going to eat something?"

She shrugged her shoulders, letting out a deep breath as she rested her head on her hand.
The whole situation affected her more than she thought it would. It was suffocating with all the negative attention on her.

"Nah this won't do."
Donghyuck stood up, pushing his chair back. "We're gonna go get you some food."

"What no, the line's too long anyways."
She attempted to get him to sit back down but she got pulled up instead.

"Donghyuck I'm not hungry," she complained as he dragged her.

"I don't care, you're not just going to sit there and sulk."

With their arrival to the front, the students took steps backwards while he grabbed a tray for Hyewon, silently waiting as the food was being put onto it.

He mumbled a thank you before taking a few steps away from the counter and handed the tray over to her.

"Look if they're going to be scared of you, just use it to your own advantage."
He signalled over to the queue.
"Guess you don't have to wait in line anymore."

"Thank you," she muttered, watching him turn away and head towards the door.

_

"Jisung you have to stay outside."

"Oh come on why?"

"They're not going to let a 16 year old in the club."

"Well this 16 year old is literally taller than you," he retorted, earning a glare from Donghyuck.

The group was huddling together, any further away from each other and the noisy bustling surroundings would've drowned out their voices.

"Jaemin accompany Jisung out here, we're heading in."

Taeyong showed the bouncer his badge who let the three of them through after that, pushing past the drunks at the entrance.

Different lights, varying from shades blue to purple and red, shined everywhere.
The flashing colours made Donghyuck groaned as he squinted away from the source.

"Ugh this is going to give me epilepsy or something."
"Oh quit complaining."

Taeyong looked back at the two.
"We need to head to the rooms at the back."

The smell of alcohol infiltrated their noses and the music was so loud it could hurt their ears. Everyone, intoxicated with drinks, were very close together you could barely see the dance floor.

From the familiar melody, Hyewon made out that they were probably dancing to songs by Chase Atlantic as they bumped into one another, one almost making her stumble over but Donghyuck held on to her arm before she could. "Careful."

They finally pushed through the crowd, standing in front of a door that had a sign saying VIPs on it.

Sliding it open, a more sophisticated atmosphere welcomed them.
Elegant dresses and suit were worn and the air conditioned air differed from the sweaty humid one outside.

"Now this is more like it," Donghyuck said, grabbing a glass of liquor from the tray of a passing waiter.

"Are you seriously drinking right now," Hyewon mithered as he took sips of the smooth liquid.

"I should be arresting you right now."
Taeyong shook his head before nodding towards a guy at the back. "There's the owner, he should know if Han Soo was here or not."

The man lifted his head at the presence of the three, putting down his glass.
"Uhh can I help you?"

Taeyong pulled out his badge again, along with a picture of Han Soo.
"We were wondering if you've seen this guy."

He took a closer look at the picture, taking a moment.
"Ahh yea he asked for a place to stay yesterday. Poor guy seemed pretty frantic and he had money so I offered him a room."

"Which room?"

He pointed to another door further back, the one next to the emergency exit.
"Alright thanks."

Donghyuck reached the door first, placing his hand on the handle, waiting for a signal from Taeyong who gave him a nod a while after.

He swung the door open, letting out a frustrating scoff at the sight in front of him.

"For fuck sake."

If yall don't already listen to Chase Atlantic, you should