18

Donghyuck handed her the first aid kit.
"Did you get hurt again?"

"Yea," Hyewon mumbled, opening the box as he sat himself on the bed behind her. "Uhh do you want me to hel-"

"No."

He scratched the back of his neck at the dry answer, watching her screw open the cover of the rubbing alcohol.

She poured some onto the cotton, about to dab it onto the wound but Donghyuck stood up and pulled her injured hand away towards him.

"Hey- what are you doing?" Hyewon questioned as he put her hand over the sink and turned on the tap.

"That has hydrogen peroxide." Donghyuck pointed at the rubbing alcohol. "It's only going to slow down the healing process."

"I don't need your help," she huffed, shuffling towards the paper towel, tearing a piece to wipe her hand.

She glanced towards his direction while she took a bandage and put it over her wound. "Are you going to say something or do you just want to stand there?"

He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry okay?" I didn't mean what I said about the friends thing-"

"But you're right though."

She closed the first aid kit and slid it across the table against the wall. "I don't exactly have any friends so it's all good."

She started to leave, heading towards the door.
"Hyewon wait-"

The door opened before she could reach it, making her retreat back a little.

"Hey Hyewon are you okay..." Jaemin trailed off as he walked in, noticing Donghyuck behind her.

She quickly strided past Jaemin who still had his hand on the doorknob. "I'm fine, I'll see you later."

The boy guiltily looked at Donghyuck. "Um did I ruin the moment?"

"There was no moment."

"Oh sorry for even preventing a moment then."

"Shut the hell up."

_

Jaemin kicked up his feet onto their couch. "Ya know, you don't have to be so mean to her."

"I know, I know," Donghyuck whined, curling up onto the sofa chair, putting his forehead on his knees.

"Then why did you say whatever you said?"

"Ugh I don't know!"

Jaemin chuckled at his friend's frustrated state. "I bet if she had stayed any longer you would've called her a bitch too."

"You suck at helping you know that right?"

"I'm just stating facts and you- you suck at apologizing."

"I don't suck at it. It's just that someone decided to interrupt me," he said, emphasizing on the word 'someone'.

"Hey you've never told me when or how this happened."

"Um..."
It wasn't like he wanted to spy on Jaemin's date, if it even was one, but it'll just be awkward if he knew that they were there too.

"Just stop asking questions or I'll actually put a bullet through your head."