37

"When is he going to wake up?"

The doctors dithered at Hyewon's question, seemingly choosing the right words in their heads.

Donghyuck exhaled, examining the many tubes that were connected to his friend, the continuous beeping of the machines starting to annoy him.
"Is he even going to wake up?"

"His vitals are stable but we're not sure if he's going to wake up."

The air was heavy with guilt, the three unsure of what to think or feel.

"We'll leave you alone," a doctor said as they filed out of the room.
Not long after, Donghyuck decided to leave too, pushing his chair back and exiting with a sense of hurry.

"Hey where are you going?"
Hyewon followed him out into the hallway, grabbing his arm when he wouldn't stop to answer her. He flung her hand away, making the girl flinch.

"Look Hyewon," he breathed out, trying to contain his frustration, not wanting to make the situation worse. "I just want to be alone for a while."

For a bunch of 18 year olds, life handed them a lot more than they should handle.

She was tired, something always caused either one of them to walk away from the other, and he wanted to confide into someone but it was always easier to stick to his old ways.

Hyewon sighed, watching him leave. "Whatever."

_

"What the fuck."

There wasn't a single person in sight - all of Donghyuck's guards weren't there.
"They better not be slacking off," he grumbled, striding towards his door.

His anger quickly dissipated into confusion as soon as he reached the door.
It was slightly ajared but he clearly remembered locking it the last time he left.

He whipped his head around to scan his surroundings, pulling out his gun that he luckily brought with him that day.
As quiet as possible, he pushed his front door open, hoping it won't creak.

Nothing seemed out of place but there was a clinking sound coming from his kitchen. Gun still gripped tightly in his hand, he slowly went to hide behind the wall.

His anger returned as soon as he peered into the kitchen, seeing someone going through his fridge.

"What do you think you're doing here?" Hatred laced every single one of his words.

The man turned around upon hearing Donghyuck. "Oh son, great, you're here on time, I was going to make us some sandwiches."

"I don't want your damn sandwiches," he spat. "Don't think I'll welcome you happily after you disappeared for all those years."

His dad sighed, putting down the items he got from the fridge. "Just let me explain."

"I don't want your explanation either, just get out of my house."

"Oh stop being stubborn, this house is mine."

The resentment he felt; he could not describe it, feeling his blood boil as he cocked his gun.
He steadied his hands over the overwhelming emotions, pointing it at the man he once considered a father.

"Get out."

He lifted his hands, but knowing that his son won't actually shoot on the inside.
"Okay okay I'll leave."

Donghyuck scoffed. "Good."

He lowered his gun, storming past his father towards the stairs. "And call my guards back on your way out."

"Those are my guards too!" he called out at the boy who was already heading up.

"I don't care!"