39

The girl had been crying all night, her eyes puffy in the morning as she laid there for hours.

The only time she got up was to brush her teeth and when Jisung surprisingly stopped by, but she explained that she wasn't in the mood to be around people so he left.

"Men are so fucking stupid."
She had been muttering that sentence to herself for quite a while now.
His words had not left her mind, each time she remembered them, the more hurt she felt.

Cursing at him in her head was the only thing that felt therapeutic at this point.
How could she let herself fall for him out of everyone?

She turned to her side, pulling the pillow close to her chest to hug it tightly, attempting to squeeze out all her emotions.

The last thing she wanted in her head right now was Donghyuck. He made it very clear that he didn't want anything to do with her.

She whined into her pillow as her phone suddenly went off, the nettling ringing making her want to sink deeper into the bed.

Deciding to ignore it, she stayed where she was until the ringing stopped, releasing the tension she was holding from her body.

Not even a second later, it started ringing again.

"For fuck sake!"

She grabbed the phone from her bedside table and took a deep breath before answering.

"Yea what's up?"

"Hyewon!"
The frantic voice of Taeyong came through the speakers.

"Han Soo escaped."
"What how?!"

She finally jumped off her bed, rushing to her cupboard to look for a change of clothes.

"He somehow managed to get hold of the keys. Our cameras caught him taking one of our spare guns but we don't know where he went after."

"Alright I'm leaving my house I'll call you later."
She hung up, her indignation making her rub her temples.

"Shit I should warn him."

_

Hyewon
Hi are you ok?

His eyes lingered on the message she sent yesterday, reading it from his notification bar, too ashamed to click into it as he thought about what was said last night.

"Goodnight Haechan."

Damn. Donghyuck didn't know that hearing his own name could hurt so much. She had never call him that before.

He continued to blankly stare at his ceiling, something he was doing for the past few hours as his thoughts overlapped with one another.

His closest friend was unconscious in the hospital and clearly it made him say some things that he's regretting.

He couldn't put his head around why it was so hard for him to open up to her, because he knew that that was something he wanted to try to do.

Ugh what's wrong with me...

A loud crash coming from downstairs pulled him out of his thoughts. His first guess was that his father was back, angrily throwing his blankets away and getting off his bed.

Another loud crash sounded through the halls. His feet scurried down the stairs, pissed off as he assumed his dad was thrashing his place out of pettiness.

"I swear I'll-"
He halted, coming to a pause with his sentence as he stood in front of the kitchen.

The boy who was crouched down next to the scattered utensils and pots slowly looked up.

"Haha hi hyung," Jisung nervously chuckled.

Donghyuck tilted his head and raised a brow at the younger one who was picking everything up. "Care to explain?"

"Uh I wanted to make some ramen and accidentally knocked over some stuff."
He looked down at his hands fumbling with each other as he mumbled. "I was hungry."

"Yea no I can see that," he bitterly chuckled, trying to obviate the fact that his alone time was being interrupted, more so taken away. "I meant what are you doing in my house?"

"I was-" he paused to open a pack of ramen, "bored."

His eyes followed Jisung's careless movements judgingly, the tenuousness of his cooking skills showing.

"Couldn't you have gone to Hyewon or something?"
Donghyuck snatched the chopsticks out of his hands, attempting to fix the ramen that he always manages to mess up.

"I did."

"...Then?"

"She wanted to be left alone cause someone upset her."

Oh.
The two of them stood there in silence until  Jisung sighed. "You two fight like a couple, might as well become one."

"Okay you know what, you're making ramen by yourself."

"Yes hyung that was the initial plan."

The surly leader ignored the taller one, shoving the chopsticks back before retreating to the comfort of his room once again.

Jisung shook his head as he heaved out another sigh, a light smile on his face.
"They're so confusing."

He was enjoying his noodles happily in the living room when his phone lit up and Hyewon's caller ID appeared on his screen.

"Hm?"

He put his bowl down and picked up his phone.

"Hello-"
"Jisung, Donghyuck's not picking up, are you with him?"

"Yea...why?"
Her hastiness made him confused as to what she was being fraught over.

"Good just stay with him okay?"

"But what's-"
The call ended before Jisung could even ask what's happening. He let out a little 'huh' as he sat there addled at Hyewon's disrupt manner.

He was about to call back when a sudden banging came from upstairs.
With the timing that things were occurring, the usually scared Jisung contemplated whether to check it out.

"...Ah screw it just man up."