2

"When I said see you around I wasn't expecting this."

Hyewon stared at the new kid who took a seat beside her. "Well Donghyuck thought it'll be best if we attend school together since we're in the same gang."

"He goes to school??"
Jaemin laughed at the shocked look on her face, his eyes crinkling up. "Yea why?"

"I don't know- he just seems so," she paused for a while, looking for the correct word, "matured?"

Jaemin nodded his head, understanding where she was coming from.
"By the way, what did you see him for last night?"

"You know about the 537 killings right?" she whispered, making sure the other students wouldn't be able to over hear their conversation. "The cops wanted help from our gangs and told me to ask Donghyuck for them."

He hummed in response.
It was momentarily silent before he spoke up again.

"Hey wanna join us for lunch?"

_

"Surprised to see you in this type of environment," Donghyuck jested.

They were on the roof of the school and she plopped onto an empty bench, crossing her legs. "I'll have you know that my grades are amazing."

"Sure Princess."

Jaemin was in the middle of explaining how they met when Hyewon received a message.

Taeyong
Can you somehow try to convince him?

Hyewon gulped, wondering how she was going to ask him again. She told Taeyong that he didn't want to join in but Taeyong was determined to get that extra help.
"The 537 killings are increasing Hyewon ah," he had said.

So here she was, rubbing her hands together nervously. She wasn't scared of Donghyuck, oh heck no, he's one of the least scariest things to her.

She was just embarrassed that she had to ask him the same question again, it hurt her pride a little too.
"Um Donghyuck," she started, "are you sure you don't want to help us with the case?"

"No," he deadpanned, not even sparing her a glance. He stood up, finishing the remains of his drink and threw it away.
"I'm heading to class. I'll see you at home Jaemin."

Hyewon scoffed. "Is he always this rude?"

"Maybe like 99% of the time."