32

Memories of her parents started to fill her head as she watched blood spread out on Sung Min's white shirt, her hand still trembling after pulling the trigger.

It all went by so fast but,
she did it.

He was dead just like how she wanted him to be. She felt like she could move on now, and let go of her parents' death.
Maybe, not immediately but, maybe she will.

"Jisung."
Her voice came out softer than intended. "Things are settled here. Thanks for your help."

"No problem," he replied, the sight of her through the cctvs still on his computer.
He decided to disconnect from them, giving her some space and privacy as she clearly looked distraught and inundated.

Hyewon slowly moved towards Sung Min's cold body, holding her gun up once more, putting a bullet through his head just to make sure. She took deep breaths as she held back overwhelming tears.

"Ms Jang!" Mr Kim burst through the doors, eyes landing on the dead body on the floor. "Oh you're okay."

"Yea I'm fine."

His gaze flickered between Sung Min and Hyewon for a while before removing his gaze off of it.
"We've handled things outside. Let's get you home."

_

Her feet kicked at the loose pebbles as her head hung low. The unoccupied swings beside her swung with the wind.

Was she feeling relieved? Happy?
She tilted her head up to look at the dark sky, letting out a deep sigh.
It's not like any of this was over yet, but at least she knew who they had to go after.

"You seem to be here very often."

"Why are you here?"
She continued to kick at whatever small rocks were under her shoes.

Taeyong grabbed onto the side of the swings to stop it from moving before taking a seat on it beside Hyewon.
"Jisung called, he told me what happened."

"How are you feeling?'
"I don't know," she replied rather tartly, but he didn't take any of her dryness to heart.

A heavy silence hung in the air.
The leaves rustling in the wind and the revving of passing cars slowly drowned out into white noise.
No other minds were swarming with muddled thoughts but hers alone.

"Hyewon?"
Taeyong pulled her out of her gaze.
"You should be proud of yourself, you accomplished something you've always wanted to do."

"I mean I'm not saying killing is good but you get what I mean," he said, ending his sentence with a chuckle.

She felt trapped and free at the same time.
It was a weird feeling but it definitely was better than the guilt she felt all those years ever since her parents' death.

A soft smile appeared on her face.
"Thanks Taeyong."

"Anytime little one."
"Little one? I'm not a child."

"You are." He pushed her forehead with his finger, laughing at her annoyed expression.

"You're a child."

_

"Oh."
A grim expression fell on Jaemin's face.

"What was his name?"
"Lee Sung Min."

"And are you okay?" Donghyuck asked Hyewon. "Yea."

Jaemin turned to face the wind, his hair blowing away from his face, disheartened.
"Well he had it coming."

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything to you before."

"It's okay. He got what he deserved, that's all that matters." He reassured her with a smile which she lightly nodded her head to.
They were on the rooftop.
It was a good place to be at with all the troubled emotions going about, the breeze calming any heavy stress.

"We found at who's behind all this."
Jaemin looked at her as she stood beside him, leaning her arms onto the railing while he waited for her to continue.
"His son, Lee Han Soo."

"He works with Taeyong so I'm sure something's going down at the station right now."

Donghyuck scoffed.
"A cop. This is why i don't have any trust in them."

Normally she would've said something about his statement but this time she felt somewhat embarrassed about something.
Maybe he's right.
Maybe the reason she still has hope for the cops and the righteousness of the country was only because of Taeyong.

Jaemin sighed. "We're graduating in a few weeks. Everything should be fine by then."

"Time sure flew by quick."
Donghyuck wrapped his arm around his friend as a way of comfort.

Hyewon's phone then rang.
She looked at the caller id before picking it up.

"Hyewon."

By the sound of his tone, she figured there was no good news.
"What's wrong?"

"Most of the records here are gone and we can't seem to retrace them."

"Huh?"

"Han Soo's gone too."