23

Donghyuck trudged down the stairs, squeezing his eyes shut from the pain in his head. "Ugh I shouldn't have drank so much."

He came to a halt when he reached the kitchen, forgetting that he came for water as soon as he saw Hyewon with an apron on, cooking.

"Um- what are you doing?"

Hyewon turned around at the sound of his tired voice. "Oh morning! I'm making breakfast."

He sat at the counter behind her and eyed the girl, raising a brow. "Is that my hoodie?"

"Maybe." She put a bowl of hangover soup in front of him, going back to attend to her pancakes. "You'll get it back sooner or later- now drink up."

He cautiously leaned towards it and sniffed it a little.
Hyewon shook her head, letting out a soft chuckle at his actions. "Chill I didn't poison it."

"Just making sure," he shrugged, taking a sip from the bowl, feeling slightly better.
He laid it back onto the counter before clearing his throat, remembering what he said the day before.

"Uh Hyewon."

"Yea?" she answered, still facing away from him.

"Um I'm-I'm sorry about yesterday?" He didn't mean for it to come out sounding more like a question than an apology, but he just wasn't good at things like this.

Fortunately, Hyewon didn't think much of it. "It's fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked, reading her expression to find any sort of hidden feelings. "Yes I'm sure."

"I smell pancakes!" Jaemin waltzed into the kitchen. He immediately grabbed a fork and dug into the pancakes that Hyewon just put in front of Donghyuck.

"Hey!"

"Mhm what?" he replied with his mouth full, earning a smack from Donghyuck. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"For stealing my food you idiot- get your own."

_

"Mind explaining what we're doing here?"

He stuffed his hands into his pockets, ever so dramatically moving away from the people that passed him.

"Isn't it obvious? We're shopping!"

"Yea no shit but why? I hate being around people- too much energy," Donghyuck grumbled, trailing behind Hyewon who happily scanned the rows of shops.

"Well you do owe me so..."
Her eyes fell onto the cinema in front of them, excitedly grabbing his sleeve as she dragged him. "Let's go watch a movie!"

"Hey wait-"

_

"Um you alright?"
She worriedly looked over at Donghyuck who was visibly still shaken up.

They found themselves at the cafe across the cinema after the movie, sitting down to have a drink.

"Why'd you have to pick something so scary," he mumbled under his breath, making Hyewon snicker. "I didn't know you were such a chicken."

"Shut up. You got scared too."

"Yea but not as scared-"
She got cut off when water was poured all over her. The guy who tripped quickly stood up.

"Oh my god I am so sorry!" he apologized, handing tissues over to her.

"It's fine, it's just water."
"Ok thank you, sorry again."

He walked away after bowing to her a few more times, expressing his penitence.

"You okay there Princess?"

"Yea..."
Hyewon's eyes have not left the man, eyeing him until he turned a corner, leaving her sight.

"What is it?" Donghyuck questioned, feeling her uneasiness.

"Nah it's just...he's been following us ever since we came here."

I honestly kinda forgotten that there was supposed to be a killer running around