6.0

⇋"I'm honestly surprised they didn't try anything," I heard Steele chuckle from the other side of his car over the sound of the pouring rain enveloping us in an all-encompassing serenity

"I'm honestly surprised they didn't try anything," I heard Steele chuckle from the other side of his car over the sound of the pouring rain enveloping us in an all-encompassing serenity.

"Marisol really looked like she wanted to whenever we got up to leave. So did West," I chuckled back as I look at his nose adoringly. Even without some sort of a nose ring, it's still one of the most perfect noses I have ever seen. I've never really been a nose girl, or whatever, but his nose kind of makes me want to be one.

"West would be in a morgue right now if he had tried anything. It was probably one of the smartest life decisions he's ever made to just sit there and silently suck it the fuck up."

"Would you really fight him like you've fought other people?" I asked softly, the smile fading placidly off of my face.

"Yes, I really would. It's been a long fucking time coming. The only reason it hasn't happened yet because of how far into the group he's gotten. The past two months is saving him, but he is literally hanging on by a thin ass fucking thread."

My brows pressed together even more with his statement. "What do you mean by 'the past two months is saving him?'"

"It's a lot of shit, Floor. It's really not important and I'm tired of talking about him. All I care about is whether or not you like me more than you like him."

"Of course I do," I answered with a small scoff. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be in your car right now."

"You almost fucked him not too long ago." He retaliated quickly, his tone growing colder than it just was.

"I know," my response came out with a sigh.

I've gone through so much shit over the past couple weeks that I don't even know how to explain my thought process to him.

I don't think I ever really wanted to actually have sex with West. What I really wanted was simply just to feel wanted. I wanted something to help me get over everything I had just gone through. Not that sleeping with him would've actually helped.

I think it's for the best nothing actually happened between West and I. Even if I did deserve to be with someone new at that exact point in time. West probably wasn't the right person.

"I'm not saying I'm jealous of him, because I'm fucking not, but I do wish that you and I could've been like that from the start."

"Like what?" My zoned out vision fixated itself once again on his sharp, slightly stubbly jawline. I still want to lick him for some weird reason. Even despite the fact that he's slightly more rugged than he normally would be. I'm not normally attracted to facial hair, like whatsoever, but he's literally making me rethink everything I thought I once knew.

"I wish I would've told you how I felt earlier on. And I wish you trusted me enough to be with me. Maybe if I wouldn't have waited so long, we could already be a lot further into this whole... whatever it is."