2.9

⇋I walked into the venue of the night with an angry expression on my face, an out of character outfit on, and an attitude that made it clear that I don't want to be here

I walked into the venue of the night with an angry expression on my face, an out of character outfit on, and an attitude that made it clear that I don't want to be here. The only reason I'm making an appearance tonight is to see West. But I'm still going to have to see Steele and I'm going to have to deal with his fucking attitude. I don't even know what his problem's been, but he has been so terrible toward me lately. Especially earlier today at the library.

I think what he said to me today might've hurt my feelings more than all of the Zach drama did. I feel like I won't even be able look at him the same anymore, but I want to.

To think we used to have fun with each other at one point. I already miss it.

"Ticket please," a guy at the front door put a pause on my thoughts of Steele and a pause on my determined stroll.

"Sorry, one second," I mumbled more to myself than him as I reached into the pocket of my oversized jean jacket to retrieve the ticket I had gotten from Hope since Steele refused to give me one for tonight's show.

He's going to be pissed when he sees me here. I'm probably not helping myself out at all right now by doing any of this.

At this point, I had managed to pull out the folded up ticket and handed it to the man so that he could scan it with a portable scanner.

He rushed to hand it back to me so that he could admit the other people behind me, and I walked into the loud, smoky, dim venue that occupied the entirety of the building. I mean, there's a small bar in the left corner of the oversized room, but the rest of the space is just for the concert. This is a lot more closed off than I'm used to. I guess it's just a smaller show tonight compared to the last couple ones.

Good. Maybe Steele won't have such a big ass ego.

"Fleur?" I heard a surprised, deep voice question loudly over the dense chatter and the quiet alternative music.

I turned my head to the right and saw West standing next to Hope with a bright look on his tan face. Hope stood there next to him with a sly grin and something that seemed like a sense of proudness. I swear she is so sneaky and helpful. I'm not sure why I don't consider her my best friend yet.

I hurried to walk the couple of yards over to them with a smile on my face and a happy feeling inside of me. For once this past week, I actually feel happiness. Probably because I don't feel like I have anything to stress about right now because neither Steele or Zach are around at the moment and I'm not being forced to think about either of them. "Hey!" I spoke up happily as soon as I had stepped between them.

"You look fucking hot, Fleur!" Hope nodded her head to the faint beat above us as she shouted at me.

"Thanks," I giggled and looked away from the short stage to look at her head full of shoulder length blonde hair.

"So, what have you been up to?" West spoke into my hair and I turned my head back around to look into his dark brown irises. Fuck, his eyes are so rich.