4.4

⇋West walked back into the room as soon as I had finished putting the cap back on the plastic container

West walked back into the room as soon as I had finished putting the cap back on the plastic container. My eyes were a little watery from the difficult task I just accomplished, but I cleared the bodily function before looking at him and his cut lip.

My face dropped empathetically with the image of the damage that Steele did to him. For no reason too. If anyone deserved to get hit for all of that, it was Steele.

"I'm so sorry he did that to you." I whispered with heartbreak in my tone. My breath probably shows very obviously hints of vodka right now. At least he's not close enough to smell it.

"It's fine, Fleur. It's not like it was your fault. You can't help that he's a terrible excuse for a human being. Besides, it didn't even hurt." He threw the towel toward the floor of his closet as he shut the dorm room door behind him and locked it. "Anyway, ready to play?"

"Yeah! I didn't get around to shuffling the cards or anything yet."

"I can do that if you want to pour us drinks. There's a stack of cups on top of the mini fridge at the end of my bed. The sprite is in the fridge too." He instructed as I lost the sight of him with his movements. He went to his bed and I turned around to go to his black fridge to grab everything.

After a minute, we got everything set up and we sat across from each other on the wood floors of his dim room. The drink in my hand consisted of mostly alcohol with a splash of sprite, just because I don't want to admit I'm really that bad off right now.

I'm not hard drinking like an alcoholic, I'm casual drinking like a college student. Even though I did water down West's a lot more than mine. But he doesn't need to know that.

"Okay, so whoever has to draw a new card also has to remove one article of clothing at a time. Got it?" He asked as he got comfortable in his spot and held his hand of cards up to his beaten face with an innocent quality to him.

At least the cut isn't super noticeable. Not compared to what Steele did to Zach.

"Yep. You go first." I nodded as I readied the seven cards in my right hand. My left hand picked up my drink and I took a fast gulp while trying to ignore the strong, painful burn.

"Got any twos?" He asked with a playful and challenging raise of his brow. I felt a grin grow onto my mouth with his playful attitude.

My eyes turned downward as I looked at the options in front of me. A two came across my eyes and I sighed dramatically as I handed it over to him.

"Okay, now take a drink. Since you had to give up a card."

I listened and took a bigger sip than the last one. If I don't get close to having alcohol poisoning by the end of the night, I will be amazed. And I'm not saying that's the goal, but I'm kind of hoping something like that accidentally happens.