5.4

⇋"Of course

"Of course. We're currently having a twenty percent off sale on all our summer bottoms and a BOGO sale on all bralettes. Let me know if you have any questions."

I looked back up at Steele as soon as the woman finished talking. He's not even as on top of me as he normally is in this sort of situation, and the people around us are still concerned for my safety.

That really should say something about how badly I need to stay away from him. He's not good. He's scary, and threatening, and incendiary. Yet he's also silky, and mesmerizing, and propitious.

I don't know...

I don't know if I'm so close to him right now that I can easily see how all of his good traits outweigh his bad traits, or if I'm simply just an idiot.

I can't help but think everyone treats him the way they do because all they see about him is the surface of his character and how it's everything negative that he wants to represent. But I see more than that. I've gotten to see his true personality. I get to see his softer side, and I really like his softer side.

I looked back at the black haired woman after a long second, forcing a convincing smile onto my lips just to get her off of his case. "I will. Thank you."

"Of course." She smiled back as she looked up at the side of Steele's face as he continued to look down on me. I watched her leniently as she walked away, only so that I could look back up at the temporarily fabricated terrifying man once she got out of my line of eyesight.

"You're going to get kicked out if you keep acting like this." I whispered toward him to keep the eavesdroppers from hearing too much. I know everyone toward the front of the building is paying attention to us now, thanks to his thunderous image and this dramatic charade he's put on for them all. He's so good at drawing attention.

"I don't care as long as you leave with me when they do." He spoke down on me, his eyes never once leaving mine since I looked up at him a second ago. I love his silver eyes and how they make me feel. They spread a feeling of warmth throughout me while also somehow freezing every single blood cell in my body. They cause a storm within my stomach every time without fail.

"What makes you think I would leave with you?" I hesitantly questioned with a nervous blink.

"Because you want to." Steele answered, his deep voice sending shockwaves throughout the nerves sprouting from my brain stem into the tips of all of my toes and fingers. "Come on, Floor. Leave with me."

The words that are normally constantly flowing in my mind every single second of every single day were now magically halted for once. I mean, they've been halted like this in the past a multitude of times, but it's mostly only when I'm around him. I hate how he does this to me so easily. And I hate how he's been able to do it to me from the very start. I never stood a chance against him and I don't know why I ever thought I did.