0.9

⇋"Zach, I'm going to Hope's tonight," I spoke loud enough so that Zach could hear me from the living room as I sat on my bed

"Zach, I'm going to Hope's tonight," I spoke loud enough so that Zach could hear me from the living room as I sat on my bed.

"You are?" He asked with a confused yet condescending tone of voice. It was almost as if he were expecting me to change my answer.

"Yeah, I am. I'll be gone until some time early in the morning. Like, three... maybe," I spoke cautiously. Normally, I would've gave into Zach's subtle negative persuasion, but after finding out that people think Zach is controlling over me, I decided that I need to not let him subconsciously change my thoughts.

It's probably why he leaves me so easily every time.

"Are you sure?" He asked again. I rolled my eyes to myself and stood up from my bed with a groan.

After I walked my way into my living room, I immediately saw Zach sprawled out across my cheap leather couch wearing a Mötley Crüe tshirt and gray boxers. He was intently watching old reruns of one of his favorite criminal shows with the volume on the tv actually not on mute this time.

"I'm sure." I sternly said. It took him a second to look away from my small television, and his emotionless eyes glared into mine once our attention connected with each other's.

"You want me to stay here with you, but you don't want to stay here with me?" He asked and sat up slightly in his position on the black couch.

"I want to be with you, Zach, but you need to let me breathe a little. That's what normal relationships are like."

"Whatever," he sighed and looked away from me to face his show again. "I'm just saying, don't be surprised if I'm not here when you get back at three in the fucking morning."

"Zach!" I exclaimed in disgust. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He rose his voice at me. He let himself stand up so that he could stand a few inches taller than me as he towered over my coffee table.

We were still a few yards away from each other, but his intense emotions made it feel as though he was only inches from my body.

"What?" I snapped at him. "There's nothing wrong with me! You're the one with the attitude."

"You keep trying to get out of the house without me! I'm trying to take a hint, Fleur. Stop keeping me around if you're just trying to get away from me!" He started taking small paced steps towards me.

"I'm not trying to get away from you! I have other friends I'd like to hang out with and-"

"And get away from me!" He almost yelled.

"I'm not trying to fucking get away from you!" I quietly yelled. He was now only about a foot or two away from me and I started to feel the anger radiating off of his body.