9.4

⇋The seven hour long shift ended way quicker than I expected it to

The seven hour long shift ended way quicker than I expected it to. Three hundred dollars in tips later, I found myself in Atticus' beaten up car as him, Hope, some man named Cameron, and I headed toward campus for this supposedly massive and slightly too early Christmas party. That weird, nervous, unrelenting sensation pricking at my nerves has refused to leave my veins since this morning. I'm starting to feel how it's making breathing more difficult than usual.

"Maybe I should've tried changing in the bathroom before we left," I leaned to my left to whisper into Hope's blonde hair. "I don't think these windows are super tinted."

"Nah, you'll be fine! I'll watch the car to make sure no one is watching while you change." She whispered back before turning her eyes away from her social media to face the two boys in the front seat. "You two are going inside as soon as we park, Fleur has to change her clothes."

"Damn, we don't get a show?" Cameron whined and I watched Hope raise her foot to kick the back of his chair as it sits in front of me.

"You're a sleaze," she laughed at his playful response. "I'm still pissed that I let you take me on a date just for you to hit on my bff all night long."

"Oh, come on. I promise seeing one tit isn't going to hurt anyone in this car."

To be honest, I don't quite like Hope's new... whatever he is. He's been giving me these weirdly insulting, flirty comments since they showed up at Serafina's. He literally took Hope on a whole ass date just to degrade me the entire time and Hope never once acted like any of it was out of line or weird. I mean, maybe it's just how he is. I don't really know him, but part of me is glad I don't. He doesn't seem like the type of person I would choose to be friends with.

And there's no way that the uniform I'm being forced to wear helps anything. The size Atticus told me to order is so tight that I may as well be walking around the restaurant in a latex bodysuit, not to mention how low my new friend suggested I button the shirt to keep the money flowing. He wasn't wrong, I guess, because I made plenty of money off of the men I served today, but I'm not sure I want to go to that level for a decent tip. I didn't necessarily enjoy exposing my bra to everyone in the restaurant for hours on end. At least I didn't stoop to putting my hair in pigtails like he insisted I should. Although that brilliant idea was mostly turned down because Hope straightened out my waves as perfectly as her hair naturally sits and I didn't want to mess it up before going out.

My new makeover is great despite the fact that the black eyeshadow makes me stand out a lot more than I'm used to. I've definitely gotten more looks today than what I'd consider normal, so I'll take that as a sign that the spontaneous renovation was a success.

The three of them chattered and joked around in a loud jumbled noise as we unexpectedly pulled up to the one single Greek house on campus that I never wanted to see again for the rest of my life.

But there's no way he's here... Right? He left the frat weeks ago. And as recently as this morning he told me he has nowhere to stay. He's not here. There's no way that he would possibly be here.