4.6

Steele's point of view

We finally made it to her apartment. The walk was shit, but to be completely fair, that's mostly my fault. I could have put some kind of jacket on before I left the house, but I didn't. Because I don't fucking have to and because jackets are fucking stupid.

"Are you going to walk all the way back to your car now?" Fleur asked as she began unlocking her front door, the crystallized sugar in her careful tone pushing uncomfortably on my chest.

It was only now that I realized I hadn't even been looking at her and her comforting face. My thoughts after today have been running at full speed far too quickly for me to slow down and pay attention to anything. This has to be how people with adhd feel.

My attention snapped to her perfervidly golden eyes as I shrugged my shoulders in response. "I guess so."

I might just find West again while I'm at it too. That fucker deserves so much fucking more than what I did to him. He's fucking lucky I didn't rearrange his face before I left his dorm. I just didn't want Fleur to walk off by herself. I needed to follow her in that moment before she put herself in any kind of danger.

"Okay," she sighed lowly, clearly wanting to tell me that she wants me to stay with her, but I know she won't suggest it. She told herself she wants to take it slow, and she's going to stand by that statement for the next week at least.

And no matter how much I want her to tell me to stay, I wouldn't be able to tonight anyway. I have so much shit to take care of. I have to play clean up crew because Marisol had to be a jealous bitch the second she got an audience.

"You'll talk to me tomorrow?" I asked her as I unintentionally nodded my head, adding more emotion to my question than I originally meant to.

This is really what she doing to me at this point. She's making me pine at her feet for her attention. So many other women have tried this act with me before, but she's the only one who has been even remotely successful so far. It's so weird.

"Yes. But I will be busy with class, so if I don't talk right away, please don't go freaking out and assuming the worst." Her irenic eyes squinted with anxiety as she requested.

"Remember the rules we made for each other and I won't have a reason to freak out."

"Okay, bossy. Be safe walking back please. Do you need a jacket or anything? I probably have some of Zach's somewhere in my closet," she had suggested before she even realized what was coming out of her mouth.

"I'll be fine. Night, Floor." I looked at her with the thought of leaning in to hug her in my head. I know the thought is clear on my face too because it caught me off guard, but I shouldn't hug her. I'll look like a pansy ass little bitch if I go in for a hug. That's not who I am and I don't want her to think she makes me act like one.