3.9

⇋"Well

"Well..." The sigh of breath I had been attempting to hold in released with my single word. "Thanks for inviting me to hangout tonight." I stated as I sat still in the passenger seat, not necessarily wanting to get up and leave Steele's company. I'd rather sit here with him for as long as he'll allow me than go back to my lonely, memory tainted apartment.

"Thanks for not making me force you out of your apartment this time." Steele replied back with barely any amusement in his tone. He stared straight forward at the brightened sidewalk that leads up to my door. His bandaged right arm draped calmly over the steering wheel as he waited for me to leave. I know he's still frustrated with me even though I told him he was right.

But I'm bright enough to know that telling him he's right won't automatically heal the wounds I dug at tonight.

"I'm sorry for arguing so m-"

"Stop apologizing, Floor." He rushed to cut me off with a bit of a temper in his tone.

"Uh-okay," I stuttered back while peeling my eyes off of his face. My right hand grabbed the door handle and I let out a big sigh of breath. "Goodnight."

"Night."

I took his short and unemotional response as a signal to get out. But it's literally only nine forty at night. I could hang out with him more if I wanted to ask, but what would we even do? And would he even want to?

I shouldn't offer. He's still clearly upset with me after all of that pointless, stupid arguing from earlier. I just need to go inside and sleep and do homework like I originally planned on doing before he asked me to tag along with him tonight.

My hand pulled on the cold metal handle as the car door opened wide for me. "Night." I mumbled quietly one last time before getting out of his car to head to my apartment.

The first two classes on my Tuesday schedule were now over. Thank literally whatever higher being exists, because my last lecture was dragging and putting me on the verge of passing out. I could feel my eyelids trying to shut the whole time she was telling all of us clearly brain dead students about what makes certain bacteria different from other bacteria and blah blah blah. I wanted to pay attention, but I honestly have much bigger things on my mind than spherical bacterium.

I'm definitely going to get an energy drink with my lunch today, because I don't have the energy for much at the moment.

As I walked away from the general education building toward the union, I turned up the old alternative music that was already blaring through my headphones. Mostly because it makes it easier to ignore the random stands set up along the sidewalks when you have both of your headphones in at full volume.

I don't understand why the university allows constant advertisement of on-campus religious groups, fraternities, and sororities. It's annoying. Not to mention ridiculous. Not everybody is interested that that kind of life style. I know for sure that I'm not.