3.1

⇋"Can I please get my phone back?" I childishly groaned while barely shuffling behind Steele and Hope on the dark sidewalk next to the busy downtown road outside of the venue we just exited

"Can I please get my phone back?" I childishly groaned while barely shuffling behind Steele and Hope on the dark sidewalk next to the busy downtown road outside of the venue we just exited.

"No, Fleur, stop asking me. How far away did you park, Steele?" Hope inquired casually from a few feet in front of me. I almost couldn't even hear her though because of how far ahead of me they are and because of the traffic in my right ear.

"We're almost there, stop fucking complaining. Jesus. You two are literally unbearable together."

"You're- unbearable," I let out yet another small burp with my poorly thought out retaliation, making me look even more drunk than I already look. Even though I am more drunk than they know I am.

My clunky boots had then caught on the air in front of me and I tripped, silently stumbling to the grainy and rough ground onto my right knee, but soon after jumping up so that neither Steele or Hope would see how drunk I truly am.

The fact that I can't walk would make them get onto me even more, and frankly, I've heard enough from the both of them tonight. Neither of them know about the two extra shots I took, and I'm definitely not telling them about them.

But that fall wasn't pretty... and if I'm being honest, it kinda hurt.

"Are you sure you didn't drink more than those four shots, Fleur?" Hope asked as my attention snapped up to look at the back of her blonde head.

She didn't see me fall. Whew. She's only asking because of that burp.

"Positive," I hummed happily and annoyingly, still trying to pretend that I had been standing upright this whole time.

I think I might've actually scraped my knee though, because it kind of feels like it stings. But it might just be in my head. I'm sure it's just in my head. I'm still walking perfectly fine.

"You were at the bar longer than you should've been when you took that glass back-"

"I'm fine, Hope. Like, if you'd just give me my phone, I'd stop acting like this. I'm already in a bad mood and the fact you won't give me my phone back isn't making me any happier." I shot angrily, my tone making a drastic change since a second ago when I opened my mouth to sing a word.

I really am unbearable.

"I'm not giving you your phone because you won't stop texting Zach."

"Fucking Zach? Still?" Steele's earth shattering voice bellowed loudly as he swung around to look at me. "God, you are such a fucking idiot. I don't even know why I..." His gray eyes trailed down to my knee and I automatically knew what he was looking at, frustratingly. I wish I wouldn't have fallen. Though his look turned sympathetic rather than staying furious, and I was at least grateful for that. "Why is your knee bleeding?"

"It's been like this?" I questionably lied to keep from getting yelled at again, but I know my answer definitely made me sound drunker than I wanted it to. My eyes fell from his to inspect my knee further, and sure enough, there was now a gaping hole in the thick black material where there wasn't not even a minute ago. It was bleeding a lot worse than I expected it to be too.