3.4

⇋"Are you coming?" Hope's two-dimensional voice asked from my cellphone with the accompaniment of chatter and music in the background

"Are you coming?" Hope's two-dimensional voice asked from my cellphone with the accompaniment of chatter and music in the background.

"It's already ten and I have to get up at six tomorrow for class-"

"Come on, Fleur. Have some fun." She cut me off in the attempting of convincing me without a good argument. I threw myself backwards onto my recently cleaned bed as I tried to listen to her noisy persuasion. "Be an actual college student and live for once. I'll hang out with you the whole time if you come."

"Hope, I've gone to so many different parties since I started hanging out with you." I attacked back in order to defend myself. "You act like I never go out."

"No, I know you do, but I never even get to hang out with you when you do. Something either goes way wrong or we don't find each other before you leave." She kindly tried her hardest at diffusing the bomb that is my growing attitude.

I said it last night and I'll say it again, I'm letting people know how I feel from here on out. I'm not keeping my feelings from anyone anymore. There's no point.

"Please just come, Fleur. I'll save you a drink and I'll have it ready the second you walk through the front door."

I thought about it for another second. I know that free alcohol shouldn't be the thing that makes me want to go to a party on a school night, but it sounds enticing.

God. Listen to me. I'm so fucking different than I was just a month ago. I normally would never consider this. It would take at least five hundred dollars and a guaranteed A plus in all of my classes to get me to consider going out on a school night to party and drink with those people.

"Fine. But I'm not going to be out any later than midnight. I have to get some sleep."

"That's understandable! Just head out here ASAP so we can party together for five minutes before you have to go."

"Okay. Bye." I promptly hung up on the call and placed my cellphone into the pocket of my black boyfriend styled, ripped jeans. I don't want to have to change out of these jeans, because I know it's freezing outside and also because they're insanely comfortable, plus my knee is still sore as hell. But I guess I should change out of this tshirt since it's not appropriate party attire.

Well... it could be, but not for their parties. Which is annoying as hell to me.

My legs carried me over to my open closet and my eyes automatically caught a maroon shirt with a low plunge v-neck, long bell sleeves, and a cropped bottom hem.

I remember buying that shirt before I moved to Seattle because I thought I may need it for a kick back or two, but I've never once worn it. I should've known then that it was way out of my comfort zone. It exposes a little bit of my stomach and shows off the small amount of cleavage I have.