8.3

⇋"God," I sighed out with my heartbeat prominently traveling through each and every one my veins

"God," I sighed out with my heartbeat prominently traveling through each and every one my veins. With no thanks from the alcohol, of course. Something about drinking always makes me crave Steele and it definitely doesn't help seeing him in this way. Confidently standing tall on stage with his fingers hypnotically strumming on his instrument. It makes me wish his fingers were elsewhere at the moment, that place obviously being a lot closer to me than they currently are. Shit, I always end up envying everything he touches.

The song ended and they instantly broke into the next one with more energy and grit, and although the sound stayed incredibly familiar, the mood had changed from more graceful to edgy.

Hope instantly groaned with her head threw back. "I knew they were going to do this like it's fucking old school throwback night. I just want to listen to something more modern instead of the stuff my dad makes me listen to."

"I thought they normally played stuff like this." I questioned with all of my attention still drawn toward the lit stage.

"Not really. Maybe every once in awhile, but I know that this was Steele's idea. The other guys are into pop punk and metal, not this."

"Everyone else looks like they're enjoying it." I shrugged with her consistent negativity as I finally tore my eyes from the strong magnetic pull of him. "We should try to enjoy it too," I looked her head on with my gentle suggestion.

"It's not really dancing material," her green eyes rolled. "But I guess it'll do. Let's finish these drinks and we can go out to the floor."

"Alright!" I agreed and went for my third shot as she had went for her last one.

I ended up finishing all of my drinks with Hope's friendly encouragement by the time that Jesse had first started singing the energetic chorus. Through my hazed judgement, I grabbed onto Hope's wrist to drag her toward the middle of the crowd so that we could start carelessly jumping around with everyone else.

"So pardon me, while I burst and rise above the flames!" The entire audience shouted with the boys as our movements grew more loose and rowdy with the song. "Pardon me! Pardon me! I'll never be the same!" My happily squinted eyes turned toward Hope to see her shouting the end of the chorus, and my jaw dropped in fake surprise.

"I thought you didn't like this song!" I jumped closer toward her to yell into her fresh smelling hair.

"I don't until it starts playing!" She laughed as she continued hopping in circles. "All of us here know it's Incubus' most overplayed song, but damn is it good whenever you get half way through it."

I laughed with her and felt the warmth in my wrists as she grabbed ahold of me to get me on her level of extroversion. I'm not even sure why, but I'm a lot more open than usual tonight. Maybe it has to do with finals ending or the fact that I'm now officially in a relationship with Steele. I don't know, but I feel weirdly invincible.