0.3

⇋"Should I go?" I asked Zach as we came to a stop at the stoplight nearest to my apartment

"Should I go?" I asked Zach as we came to a stop at the stoplight nearest to my apartment.

He had just picked me up from work and I had just told him a semi-fabricated story about how Hope had invited me to go to Steele's show tomorrow night.

Zach turned to look at me with a hurt expression wiped across his face as he unthinkingly bit his bottom lip. "What are you expecting me to reply with?" His head turned back around to look at the traffic light that was currently changing from red to green.

The fragile car started moving once again and I looked back out the window to take my mind off the fact that Zach is upset with me.

"I don't know. Like, I want to go, but I feel like maybe I shouldn't. You know?"

"You shouldn't go," he spoke, his tone raising in the middle of his sentence; signifying his true emotion.

"I know," I groaned and we turned into my complex's full parking lot so that he could try fitting us neatly into his spot. He instantly put the car in park after he was satisfied with the placement, turning in my direction afterward to look at me with disappointment.

"If you knew, why did you ask? You could've spared me some time by not asking."

"Zach!" I exclaimed out of surprise. He's being super impertinent and offhand right now. To be truthful, I've only ever seen him like this a handful of times. It's different. That's for sure.

"What?" He nonchalantly asked, turning his eyes away from mine to stare emptily at the shadow covered sidewalk in front of the running car.

Every time he leaves his car running, I find my anxiety grows second by second. It's too old to be kept running like this.

"Why are you being so snappy with me?"

"It's nothing."

After turning off his car, he quickly slid out and slammed the door behind him before I could even unbuckle. I quickly ran my fingers over the button of my buckle and pressed down so I could try to hurry out of the car.

After leniently shutting the door behind me I made my way up to Zach's side.

"Zach... really? Why are you acting like this?" I sighed with an overdramatized frown, but he kept his face straight and his attention locked on my front door as we approached it.

I fumbled around with my key for a second, hoping that Zach would reply to my question in the time that I was giving him, but I hadn't become successful in my attempt.

I now had the front door unlocked, and Zach discourteously walked into my home while I stood shocked in the open doorway.

"Zach."

"What?" He snapped in a modulate manner as he made himself comfortable by laying down on my couch in my apartment. He's literally throwing a tantrum on my furniture right now.