3.3

⇋The massive brass doors of the library seemed larger than normal today

The massive brass doors of the library seemed larger than normal today.

Despite their intimidating stature, I walked through them tinily, almost like if I could walk quietly enough and contain every single existing ounce of my lingering confidence, no one would notice me. My body was currently freezing to the touch, no thanks to the black pencil skirt that barely went past my knees and the long sleeve, silk, purple button up shirt I had to wear.

I could have worn one of my jackets on top of it all, but it was hard enough to get ready this morning without waking up Steele.

I know I should be completely ecstatic about what all happened between him and I last night, but there's this voice in the back of my head telling me I screwed up. It's telling me that he's going to be even more mean to me today than he ever has been. That he'll tell everyone on campus that the prude couldn't hold herself back anymore and that she jumped on him. That I'll have to transfer schools and change my fucking name because of him.

I wish we wouldn't have kissed.

No. Wait.

I don't wish that. I'm glad we kissed. It was quite literally one of the best feelings I have ever felt in my whole entire life, but god, he's going to ruin me. I just know it. I fucked up. I should've waited or stopped him just to make myself seem less eager.

"Nice of you to show up." My boss' voice nearly made me jump out of my heels due to shock. I did not want her to notice me and I'm upset that she did. I'm fifteen minutes late and I already know she's nowhere near happy about it. "Your colleague said you weren't going to make it today."

"I'm sorry I'm so late. It took me a minute to find a ride," I hoarsely replied in a whisper.

There is no possible way that she doesn't know I'm hungover. I didn't even bother brushing the knots out of my hair this morning and all I did to my makeup was touch up the eyeliner that had transferred to my lower lash line. I have to look like living hell.

"You need to be more punctual in the future. That goes for being early, as well." She nearly rolled her eyes as she griped with a short sigh. She would be the kind of boss to tell me to not show up early.

"Yes, ma'am..." I complied under my breath like my mom was getting on to me. I continued my walk into the fiction section and heard Hope immediately start speaking to me as soon as I turned the corner. Her loud voice caused me to flinch at the pounding in my head that was triggered by her voice.

"I really thought you weren't coming today! You didn't answer your phone at all last night or this morning."

"That's because you had it," I replied back lowly with a confused tone of voice. She must've drank when we were at the bar too or something and I'm just not remembering. I swear to god, if she lost my phone...

"No, I slid it to Steele when I gave him that water bottle. I expected him to give it to you when he dropped you off last night." She replied back equally as confused. "What all happened after I left? Anything juicy?"