5.

Camila must have lost track of time because the next thing she remembers is the music stopping.

" you've been dancing for almost an hour now" Shawn chuckled.

" really? Wow, it feels like I just started" Camila says smiling at Shawn.

" You're amazing"!

" thank you, dancing is kind of the only way I can escape" the girl replied looking down at the tan hardwood floor trying to avoid eye contact.

" escape from what?... if you don't mind me asking"

Camila takes a deep breath in already feeling Tears In Her Eyes, even though her parents passing occurred a year ago it's still hard for her to talk about because she was so close to them especially her mom they were like each other's best friends, just picture Sofia hanging off of Camila's leg, that's exactly how she was with her mother, but luckily her father fixed it before it got worse.

She was always closer to her mother then she was her father, looking back she wishes that she had spent more time with him, but it was too late... he was already gone.

" let's go upstairs and talk about this, sitting in a chair is probably the best option for me when I talk about this" Camila says in a serious tone.

Shawn nods in agreement.

The two go up the flight of stairs where the chairs were and sit down next to each other, this was usually the place where parents would watch the little kids dance.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes, Camila breathing in and out slowly trying not to burst into tears.

Camila felt a hand give her a gentle squeeze making her look down seeing that Shawn was holding her left hand in his.

" you know you can back out if you want to, I'm not trying to push you or anything" he reassured her Softly.

Camila didn't know what it was about him but she felt a strange connection making her want to open up to him as soon as possible.

Camila felt her lips chapping from the cold air she was slowly breathing in so she quickly licked them before speaking with her eyes still closed," about a year ago my parents passed and"....( she wiped tears away from her eyes after choking on her words).She felt a hand on her left shoulder, she knew it was Shawn telling her that it's okay she didn't have to continue, but she wanted to so she kept going.

" and good thing I turned 18 a few weeks before they passed away because me and my little sister would have to go to foster care, so now I'm taking care of my little sister and I hope that I'm doing a good job I wasn't really expecting to take care of a child at this age but look where I am now" she said letting out a sad laugh.

It was silent for a minute before Shawn spoke," well who's with your sister right now"?

" her babysitter Julian".

" I know what you're going through" those words took Camila by surprise.

" you do"? She asked Softly, looking at Shawn.

" yeah I do, my mom passed away 2 years ago and it still hurts to talk about or even think about" he said Softly in a sad tone, looking down at his lap and playing with his fingers.

" what about your dad"? Camila asked Softly.

" he's still alive" he answered her question Softly, still looking down in his lap and playing with his fingers.

" well at least you have one still alive, I would give anything for my dad to still be here right now".

" yeah... but I was the closest to my mom and it just hurts now that she's gone you know"?

" oh trust me I know more than anyone, I was also very close to my mom, and looking back now I really wish I would've spend more time with my dad".

" You're right I'm lucky to at least have one parent so I shouldn't take that time for granite"

And with that they hugged each other.

***

Never take your parents for granite I'm lucky to still have both of mine, and to anyone who has lost their parents or a close family member just know that I'm here for you if you need to talk ♡♡♡

Anyway enough with the emo stuff, I have a lot planned for this book so buckle up your seatbelts and prepare for a fun ride.♡♡♡

By the way you guys should totally go read my friends books they're called super auntie and the other one is called love on the ice they're so good:-)!