Chapter 73

"You truly don't look at other women, and I just can't understand that." Celine complained.

"Why not?" The emperor grinned as he watched the elegant woman abandon the manners she once trained so hard to maintain. He smelled the alcohol reeking from her mouth, yet he didn't seem to mind despite the close distance between them.

" Because men during this time period have multiple women and have no sense of loyalty. You are handsome too so all the women would have already approached you already. In fact, there is a harem for you. Do you not have sexual desires? Are you not tempted? I have always rejected you so you must have went after other women instead." She mumbled, frowning at her own words that seemed to sound slightly jealous.

"Isn't that your fault?" The emperor smiled broadly.

"What do you mean?"

"You drilled it into me. 'You can't have multiple women at once.' 'Don't ever be a polygamous person' 'A man is truly trash if he has more than one woman.'" He recalled all of her teachings, making Celine giggle as she remembered. "You drilled it into me so much that I can't be such a whore. So why do you ask me that?"

"Because. . . I didn't think you took my words seriously!"

"What if I said I love you so much that I never considered looking at another woman?" He closed the distance between them, pulling her seat closer to him.

"But still! I asked why you love me. I truly racked my brain, and I really can't understand why you still love me." She whined.

"You really want to know?" He teased her.

"Yes! Tell me!"

"I've never seen things the way you have. Never lived in your world. That's why I love you. You're different, you know? You live by another standard. It is fair and just." He replied softly. "That is why the Second Prince fell in love with such a beautiful lady. I still feel that way, but now the reasons grew by ten fold. But all you need to know is that I will only look at you. I will only love you, so I am waiting until the day you accept me."

They couldn't stop smiling at each other as he whispered sweet words into his ears. Celine couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. She was drunk and wanted to wrap her arms around the emperor. She felt the desire to kiss him strongly.

He's just too dazzling right now.

"However, lately I feel as if I don't need to wait too long anymore." Akihiko mused.

Celine only laughed. "Then, should we fall in love properly this time? Without setbacks or hard obstacles. Just two people who are attracted to one another."

When the emperor widened his eyes, Celine immediately took his hand and pulled him up from his seat. Before Akihiko could stop her, they were running away from the banquet hall as his men cheered them on and continued to celebrate. They ran through the palace grounds and he could do nothing but let her guide him. He watched her small back and silver hair flow graciously against the wind as they ran past ornately decorated hallways and gardens. She pulled him along, laughing in the dead of night as she finally stopped next to a pond filled with lotus flowers.

There, she stood abruptly and turned around. The emperor was surprised by the bold look in her eyes. With a knowing look, she smoothly grasped onto his neck and pulled her face closer to his. His sharp features and slanted eyes seemed to be the epitome of beauty. Like a dragon under the moon, he was beautiful to the point it was unreal. 

"What are you-"

"Shhhh. Just shut up." She giggled, placing a finger on his rosy lips. "You know, I thought all emperors and kings were ugly. I would read those history textbooks and think it must be awful to marry a noble. I still think this way, but you are the only exception."

Celine leaned in and kissed the surprised man. Because Akihiko never believed Celine would love him in this life, because it had been far too long since he had felt her lips against his and because her kiss tasted sweeter than honey, Akihiko didn't stop the drunk woman. He grabbed her cheeks and deepened their kiss, pulling her closer to his heated body. It was electrifying and the couple was overwhelmed with desire.

She smiled, knowing that she had sobered up during their run. In fact, Celine had run for a long time so that she could have the chance to think more clearly before making this decision. She could feel every part of his presence, and her senses seemed to be more clearer than ever. Celine had tried so hard to keep her walls up and harden her heart. However, it seemed as if life was too fleeting. She wanted to embrace this man, even though he was the emperor.

At that moment, underneath the star studded skies, their relationship contained no promise or burdens. It was just two people falling in love.