Chapter 45

The Crown Prince's Perspective

Laith loves Celine. It is a known fact amongst the Crown Prince's closest officials who joined him to conquer Krastia.

The way Celine looked; the way her pearly white teeth flashed brilliantly as she smiled; the way her unique eyes shined. He always believed she was the only one for him. He had gone to war for 7 years, keeping her in his heart as he experienced the cruel reality of war. He had even looked for a jade ring once the Zionittes had won.

By then, Prince Laith was 16 years old. He planned to return immediately and arrived at the night market when he happened to see Celine. Although she wore a dark cloak to cover her appearance, Laith could immediately recognize his love. She had grown well; her beauty had become even more unearthly. Celine's silvery hair was exposed ever so frequently as she moved past each vendor. She could not hide her elegant demeanor even in her walk.

He wanted to embrace her right away, yet he froze after sensing she wasn't alone. She was laughing alongside Zayden, his little brother. They looked at each other with warmth as they enjoyed the fresh air. 

Her expression made Laith realize that Celine never looked at him like that.

Prince Laith stood in horror as Celine danced with his little brother. Their cheeks were flushed like roses. Her expression was deep, and anyone could see what the meaningful look meant. Meanwhile, the Second Prince was dazzled by Celine. He held her close, his eyes conveying an emotion that Laith knew too well.

I am a fool. My love has forgotten me.

His heart seemed to break, yet there was nothing he could do.

He finally met the eyes of his little brother before turning away. He was a Crown Prince who had endured physical, strenuous pain while killing countless enemies with his bare hands. However, this monster was currently embarrassed, and his heart began to race as if he was intruding a precious moment. He swiftly blended into swarm of people and erased himself from the romantic scene. He continued to roam the streets aimlessly, until a strange woman approached him.

He would've overlooked her, for she was dull and below average even for a Zionitte woman. She was frail as a stick and her curly hair was unkept like a lion's mane. Despite her soft, hazel eyes, her features were rather unattractive. Yet there was a strange aura surrounding her. It almost seemed dangerous.

"This ring is pretty. Can I keep it?" She placed her hand over the Crown Prince's, and smiled coquettishly. 

Perhaps Prince Laith wanted another woman after witnessing his fiancee's betrayal. After all, he had remained chaste for 7 years during the war, chasing away the women who offered themselves to the Prince. No woman could possibly compare to Celine's ethereal beauty. No matter how long he searched the earth for another woman, there would be no one like Celine.

He stared at the woman in front of him, her honey colored eyes were filled with determination.

He was angry and hurt, so why couldn't he find comfort in the arms of another woman? That's what Celine had done anyways.

He didn't react as the woman shamelessly roamed her hands around the Crown Prince.

End of flashback

***

The Crown Prince was met with a warm embrace.

Zavia smiled sweetly, her innocent smile oozing with pure joy and love. She gave him her greatest caress, which made noblemen envy Prince Laith all the more. Unlike his fiancee who was as cold as the winter night, Zavia embodied the sun. Her beauty had improved overtime as she began to live a luxurious lifestyle in the palace. Her skin was radiant, and her curls had become more refined.