Chapter 92

"You must produce a successor to secure the throne, your majesty." The official begged his emperor. He was a loyal man who admired the emperor greatly.

"Your majesty, please accept women into your harem. It will strengthen our alliances!" The men bowed at the emperor's feet.

Their voices were slightly muffled, yet Celine already knew where the conversation would go. However, she was surprised to hear the emperor speak instead of flat out rejecting their pleads as he had always done.

"Who are the women?"

Surprised by the emperor's curiosity, both Celine and the men slightly gasped. She was shocked, but felt immediately embarrassed and awkward for listening to the conversation.

"Don't tell him I came to visit." Celine ordered, and returned to her own chambers before she could hear what the emperor had to say.

However, if she stayed a bit longer, she would have heard how irritated Emperor Akihiko was.

"I have rejected countless women and even stated that I will do what I want in terms of marriage and my relationships. However, you continue to disrespect me. Do I have to personally invite these women and behead them in order for you to understand that I will not accept another woman?" The men all froze in fear, and lowered their heads to apologize as the emperor sneered. 

"We have committed a grave sin your majesty! Have mercy on our incompetence!" They kneeled and cried.

The emperor simply motioned Sir Vigos forward. "Publicly announce the destruction of the harem's palace. I guess I really need to destroy the place for women to realize I will not be giving them an opportunity."

"Yes your majesty. Also, the servants told me that Celine briefly came to visit." Sir Vigos lowered his head.

"Right now? Where is she?" Emperor Akihiko smiled with joy at her unannounced visit. The change in his demeanor stunned the officials, wondering how lady Celine had managed to make such a cold man smile.

"Well. . . you see, the servant told me she appeared shocked. . ." Sir Vigos laughed nervously.

*******

Celine was waiting with Draco on her balcony.

The door opened with a bang, and Emperor Akihiko strode in, rushing as panic was written all over his face. His eyes widened as he took in Celine's beauty, not sure whether he should compliment or apologize first.

"Celine I-" 

"Don't talk." Celine stopped him, for she didn't want to hear what he had to say. Instead, she guided him and beckoned him to join her.

He silently followed like a sad puppy, and Celine giggled at his obedience.

"Close your eyes, your majesty. I wanted to take you somewhere by surprise." 

She didn't seem to be angry or upset, so Akihiko shut his mouth and tightly hugged her from behind with his eyes shut. Draco soared into the sky, and they flew for a long time as the emperor wondered why he had to close his eyes. Was he in trouble?

"You must have excellent self-control over sexual desires. You rejected so many women and agreed to wait for me." She noted.

"Of course." The emperor immediately replied. "You are my lady and my love. What kind of man would enjoy hurting the woman they love? Whatever pleasure comes to me, it all depends on you anyways." He whispered. His hot breath against her ear made Celine shiver. Her heart quickened its pace, and he smirked knowingly, although he didn't tease her.