Chapter 31

"Then who is my father?"

Celine blinked at Sir Viliga. His eyes swirled with spite and intense emotions, standing impeccably tall and muscular. There were deep lines in his facial expressions, and terrible scars lining his body. He truly appeared to be a warrior. Despite his appearance, he was trembling as if he had remembered a horrifying memory he had tried to forget for many years.

She ignored his frightful glare and continued to stare blankly. "I always wondered why you abandoned me here and continued to avoid me for 16 years. When I saw you marching into the capital, I assumed that I received someone's recessive genes. However, your claim also makes sense. I heard you took in a second wife?" She paused before smirking. "Your son is cute."

Celine was met with a hard slap from Sir Viliga, who couldn't contain his anger any longer. He was shaking, as if shocked by his sudden rashness, yet his eyes flashed dangerously. 

Celine lost her balance and fell pathetically. His strength was overwhelming, and her cheeks felt stung painfully. She looked up to see him towering over her with a disgusted look.

"You foolish woman! You betrayed the Crown Prince, seduced the Second Prince and shamelessly insulted the concubine using my name. Did you think I would help you?" He bellowed. "You dare mention the heir to my inheritance with that filthy mouth?"

She instinctively covered her throbbing cheek and laughed at this current situation. "Here I thought you'd be guilty and beg for forgiveness. As expected, you're just a failure of a father who blames his child for his wife's infidelity." Celine was surprised by her own sharp tongue. However, she felt angered by Sir Viliga's immaturity. He had sent an innocent child to the palace and left her alone with a perverted Emperor. Now, he returned with a new family and bothered her with such baseless rumors. Her demeanor darkened, and she challenged Sir Viliga with her narrowed eyes as she lowered her voice. "How annoying."

The general frowned, for he had never been insulted by anyone, yet his illegitimate daughter had clearly called him annoying. He faltered for a second until his entire face became red with anger again.

He was about to kick Celine with his foot when a strong force tossed him to the side as if he weighed nothing.

Sir Viliga groaned and struggled on the floor as his body writhed in pain. He lifted his head and stifled a scream. A hideous creature loomed over him with a deadly gaze. It was as tall as the roof, and was disfigured like one of the rumored beasts from the forest. He quickly called upon his familiar, and an impressive white tiger crawled out of his shadow.

Celine smiled slowly, and she gracefully lifted herself up.

The monster suddenly disappeared, and Sir Viliga exhaled his breath in relief. Unfortunately, the giant beast had been replaced by a white tiger that was triple the size of his familiar.

"What the hell." He muttered and attempted to crawl away just as it released a deafening roar. The huge tiger grabbed his familiar by the neck and shook him from side to side. His familiar whimpered until he was finally thrown out of Celine's balcony.

Sir Viliga's mouth turned into an 'O' shape as he watched his familiar, who had killed thousands of men in the battlefield, be thrown out like a bug.

"How. . ." He could only stare at Celine, as he slowly realized that the situation had reversed. Now, he was helplessly sprawled out on the floor while Celine looked down on him with disgust. "Your familiar... was a fish..."

"Oh Sir Viliga," Celine pouted mockingly as she brought her face closer to him. He frowned as shivers went up his spine. Sir Viliga could see the traces of his first wife in Celine and squirmed anxiously. She smiled maliciously and watched the general crouch down in fear. "You just don't know what I'm capable of."

"You will be punished!" He spit out, and immediately gulped. As a general with many years of experience, he could easily compose himself. However, Sir Viliga couldn't mask his emotions due to the memories of his first wife rising to the surface. 

"Go ahead and try, general Viliga. Let's see if they will believe that a mere noble woman had defeated a general who had gone to war for 10 years." His complexion paled even further as Celine giggled. "I think your reputation will be more damaged than mine."

She gently stroked the top of his head as if he was an obedient dog. "You're lucky that you have such a lovely child. I wouldn't want him to grow up without a father, just as I did. It would've been nice to have a fatherly figure for the first time. However, I think I grew up well so I don't resent you. That is why I am giving you mercy today. Raise your child well, Sir Viliga. And never appear before me again." Her last warning sent shivers up his spine. He was frightened for the first time in his life.

What was his daughter capable of?

Sir Viliga recovered quickly and nearly ran out of the door.

Meanwhile, Celine grinned triumphantly. She had just realized the full extent of her powers. She had defeated the high esteemed general of the Zionitte Empire with her familiar.

She embraced Draco and praised him for his strength. "It seems as if everyone here is living in our mercy."

Hala had witnessed the entire scene, and stood behind the doors with a dumbfounded look. Hala found it difficult to breathe as she secretly watched Celine play with Draco. 

Her master truly appeared to be a villainess.