OPTIMUS

[HUMAN]

[HUMAN]

Optimus Prime never thought he would have to look after a human charge. The three sparkling humans quickly found their partners in Arcee, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead. He never expected the other Autobots to be careless enough to reveal themselves to another human, let alone himself. It was an accident, but it turned out to be a happy accident. He was on a long, late night patrol drive, tired from a vehicon battle over mere scraps of energon. You happened to be crossing the street with your headphones in, sleep deprived like usual and not exactly one hundred percent awake. Both of you were zoned out, but it was safe to say a giant semitruck almost running you over was a good wake up call for you, and your ear piercing scream was good for him. When the semi shifted, loud scratches of metal clinking together as it was thrown over the top of your head, you were sure you were dreaming. But nothing pprepared you for the alien robot landing beside you. You remembered how he spoke to you in calm words before you burst out crying, pleading not to get eaten. So he explained everything to you there, from the war, to the primes, to now. When you got the courage to go back to the base with him, you didn't know the adventure you were getting yourself into. Neither did Optimus once he became your guardian. It made him realize how much work it was and he ammended the other bots. But not only that, you eventually snuck your way into his spark. You were like a light in his life. Even when things weren't going well you were always optimistic. He often realized how much he needed you by his side, which is one of the rare times a smile will come onto his face plating.

•••