WHEELJACK

[HUMAN]

The one and only thing Wheeljack had to promise when he agreed to keep you as his charge: was that he had to put you in front of himself always. You always came first before anyone else. He had to swear to protect you with everything he had, even if that meant dying for you. It seemed like such an easy promise to him. How could he not want to fight for you? He did it every day. He woke up extra early to drive to your house to pick you up, knowing you really needed it, especially with your parents. He dropped you off at school and was always there as soon as the bell rung to pick you up, no matter how much he had to sacrifice. He gave up his travel, which was a lot for him. But being able to drive around the world with you was so much better in so many ways. For Wheeljack, protecting you was second nature. You were his last thought before recharge and first in the morning. Every day it felt like he strived to be better, all for you. Seeing your smile when he walked through the groundbridge after a failed mission made him feel better. He knew that you always felt anxious when he would go on a particularly dangerous mission, so he always made it back for you. As he stared down the decepticon's predacon, alone, beaten and on the brink of passing out, he knew that he had to keep going. As long as you were there, he had a very strong reason to return home. Filled with a new passion, he straightened himself up, ready to fight again.

•••

"That's not all you got, beast!"