19

Aha motivation went 📉📉📉📉📉📉📉

George POV

Friday.

Game day.

Party day.

For every game the football player has to wear their Jersey to school, and the cheerleaders wear their cheer uniform.

All eyes were on me and Clay as we walked to our classes.

Apparently the first period teacher let us all off easy on the first class because of the game. The other teachers... not so much.

"Just because it's game day doesn't mean you don't have work to do, I'm not gonna let you fool around all class, now open your English book to page 269." My English teacher slammed her book down on her desk as the class groaned.

I rolled my eyes and opened my book.

The rest of the day was extremely slow moving, lunch wasn't any fun, just random people wishing me luck at the game.

The football and cheerleading team did get to go home after school, but we had to meet back at the locker rooms at 5:00 pm.

"ALRIGHT." The football coach shouted, to get our attention, we snapped our heads towards him.

He got out a dry erase marker and started writing on the white board.

He started drawing different colored X's and lines, which seem to be a game plan.

"Sam, Tommy, Corpse and Foolish. You move here, here, here, and here." The coach started drawing circles around the X's, showing where to move around the field.

I don't know anything about American football, what's the point in even learning anyways? - An American

I hyper focused on the board, learning where everyone would be moving.

I heard the fans start to pile into the bleachers and I suddenly felt nervous, what if we loose because of me? I'll never be popular again.

But... do I actually want to be popular?

Thats a question I can ask myself later, now focus on football and only football.

I'm at the pool writing this while my friend watches deathnote 💔

When the team left the locker rooms, the nerves started kicking in, almost the entire school was there.

I felt thousands of eyes on me, and I started sweating even though I haven't done anything yet.

I met eyes with opposing team and gave them a nasty glare, I got one sent back to me as well.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, this will be fun.

Time skip because what even is football

I was sweating in places I didn't even know I could sweat in by the end of the first quarter, so far we were loosing by 6 points.

"ALRIGHT GUYS GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME THIS ISNT SOME FLAG FOOTBALL YOU PLAYED IN KINDERGARTEN, THIS IS THE BIG STUFF, WE HAVE TO BE WINNING BY THIRD QUARTER." The coach screamed at us, clearly not playing around.

The team and I flinched at his loud words, but nonetheless understood.

T i m e s k i p

It was halftime and I was in the bleachers with my friend group.

"Clay's really good out there." Tubbo comments, snacking on some chips.

Clay was part of halftime, so he was doing some sort of difficult cheer routine with the rest of the cheerleaders. If im being completely honest, it would be easy to describe him as hot.

I pushed the thought aside and continued to keep my eyes on Clay, we made eye contact, and he winked, sending a smirk in my direction.

I felt my face heat up, and Wilbur look at me in confusion out of the side of his eye, but I couldn't stop admiring him.

Eventually we had to go back down to the locker rooms to go meet with the coach, and wait for our next lecture.

"Guys we have to win by the 4th quarter." The coach began. "So new plan."

That perked everyone's attention.

"We're gonna switch it up by each of you putting in ideas for our next play. We have 15 minutes so make it quick." The coach finished, eyeing all of our expressions.

I stood up and went to the whiteboard, grabbing a marker and writing down all of the positions of the opposing team and ours.

I began drawing where I think we should move, Sam butted in and asked for the marker, I gave it to him and watched as he began to draw different positions on the board.

A large amount of the team pitched in for explaining where everyone should move, and we were all happy with it, even the coach seemed impressed.

We jogged back out onto the field, bursting with energy and enthusiasm, that the game went by so quickly, we hardly even noticed we were tied in points.

15...
14...
13...

The sound of the 4th quarter clock, my team and the opposing one were neck to neck, tied in points.

This is the last chance to win.

The referee blew his whistle and the ball was thrown to me, I watched as my teammates tackled the opposing ones, and I ran. Faster than I've ever ran before.

"NUMBER 8 IS 30 YARDS AWAY FROM TOUCHDOWN AND WITH 7 SECONDS LEFT ON THE CLOCK, WILL HE MAKE IT?" The announcer yells into his microphone, but it was all blended in.

The cheering of the crowd, cheerleaders and announcer was mixed together in a faded harmony, and the only thought going through my mind, was touching down.

4...
3...
2...

Touchdown.

(907 words)