47

When she wasn't at school or asleep in her bed, Juliet was spending her time at the hospital with Spencer. Whether he was awake or asleep, she didn't leave his side. She knew Ms. Grace would be gone at times for work or taking care of Dillon. She didn't want Spencer to ever feel alone.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Spencer asked her with a smile and a laugh when she walked into the hospital room after school with her backpack slung over her shoulder. "I figured you could probably use some company." She replied.

"Don't you have anything better to do than sit next to me while I lay up in this bed?"

"Not really, no."

"Not even with Kyle?"

Juliet felt her self blush as she sat down on at the foot of the bed. "No, not even with Kyle."

"What's going on between the two of you anyway?"

"We're friends."

"No you ain't."

"Yes we are?"

"So you're telling me someone who is just a friend was more than willing to take a bullet for you by throwing himself on top of you?"

"You did for Liv?"

"I think you bluffing. I think you like him."

"I enjoy his company."

"Jules, come on now."

"Come on now what?" She sighed.

"Why are you holding back?"

"I'm not? I mean- I don't know. I guess I'm just sort of, waiting.."

"On?"

"Jordan.." She hated to admit it.

"Jordan has a lot to deal with on his own right now. That's not something that you need to put your life on hold for."

"I know, and that's why I feel so dumb."

"Nah, you're not dumb."

"Then what am I?"

"In love."

"Yeah, but with who he used to be.. before any of this."

"And that's why it's time to let go, ya know? Stop holding back on what could be with Kyle because of what once was with Jordan."

"What if Kyle doesn't reciprocate any feelings? What if all I am to him is some girl he hooked up with last summer?"

"I've seen the way he looks at you. Besides, he had Jordan all up in arms at the combine. We boyfriends aren't dumb when it comes to other dudes." Spencer chuckled.

"So... Kyle? Ya think?"

"Why the hell not? He's a dope guy, has an amazing arm, and he's pretty good looking."

"Okay, so do you want me going on a date with him or do you want him for yourself?" Juliet joked.

"All I'm saying is he's a great choice for you. I approve."

"I wasn't aware that a Spencer James approval was needed on guys I may potentially be interested in."

"You're my best friend. Do you think I'm about to let you date adjust anyone?"

"Okayyy, fair enough.. So, has Coop been around lately?"

"Yeah, she stopped by. Why? What's going on?" Spencer questioned with a slight tone of worry in his voice. The day after he was shot Coop stopped by. Spencer asked her to relay a message to Flip asking that he not seek revenge. He didn't want any blood being spilled in his name.