36

Break ups are hard. Whether it's a break up with a friend or an intimate other, they suck. And when Juliet lost Jordan, she lost both. She went from loving that fact that she was dating her best friend to wishing she never did. To wishing they stayed oblivious to their feelings because they didn't want to mess up what they had since they were little. It wasn't suppose to be like this. Yet again, young love never ends up how one thinks it should.

She did her best to seem untouched by their break up. After all she did have two weeks to prepare for it. When her parents got home from dinner that night she told them without shedding a tear, only to go up to her room and cry herself to sleep. Over dinner Kimberly had let Ezra know what was going on with their daughter, so neither of them were too taken by surprise. If anything they were shocked at how well she was handling it.  

She didn't text her friends. She assumed Olivia already knew, it probably didn't take long for Jordan to tell her. She kept it from Asher and JJ, though they probably already heard the news as well. Layla was so busy with her own drama that Juliet knew she didn't want to bother her with anything additional. And then there was Spencer. The one she would turn to if she were to turn to anyone. But her heart wasn't ready.

She often laid in her bed alone. Wondering where it all went wrong, if it was something she did. If it was in fact her interaction with Kyle at the Cafe that did Jordan in like he claims. Then again he was probably just looking for an out, a get out of jail free card so he could play victim. She longed to text Jordan, and even checked her phone frequently in hope that he would change his mind and ask for her back.

Christmas had come and gone. She went about the holiday acting as if she was perfectly fine, unfazed by what had just occurred days before. She was so convincing neither her mom or dad saw through it. On Christmas Day as her family gathered she shared the news with Madison, it was almost like she showed more heartbreak than Juliet, which confused Madison, but Juliet didn't care.

Juliet spent her entire Christmas break going about her days like nothing had happened. Like Jordan basically never even existed. A reaction no ex boyfriend wanted his ex girlfriend to exude.

Jordan waited for Juliet to blow up his phone. He waited my her to beg for him back. And when those texts never came, he was surprised to say the least. He just assumed she was already checked out of the relationship or probably already in Kyle's bed.

The idea of Juliet with Kyle lit a fire deep within him. He and Juliet broke up. He had no right the be jealous over Kyle and he knew that. but god he hated him with a passion. He knew eventually that Juliet would move on with whomever she pleased. But it wasn't such a big deal to him seeing as he already moved on himself. The night after their break up, the day before he left for Lake Tahoe with his family, Jordan hooked up with Crystala as Juliet laid in bed crying with a broken heart.

______

It was a warm day in Beverly Hills, almost like spring was going to be starting early. The team gathered at the beach for a scrimmage game of football since not many beach goers were out yet while Layla and Olivia tagged along to sit on chairs in the sand. It wasn't long before a crowd of Beverly Eagles fans started gather, especially the female type.

As Olivia sat in her chair, Layla sat down next to her. She looked over and saw Jordan with another girl wrapped an his neck that once again wasn't Juliet.

"Uhm, that hookup is new." She chuckled. "Yup." Olivia sighed. "This week, it's Jasmine. Two weeks ago, it was Reagan. Before that it was Crystala."

"Wow. Go, Jordan."

"What? Layla? No go Jordan. He and Juliet broke up and he dove head first into a pool of hungry women. It's like his way of dealing with our family drama is by creating his own gross version of The Bachelor."