13

"Here we are. The Beverly eagles are seconds away from a devastating loss to Culver City, the last-place team in the division. An upset today would cripple the chances of Beverly making the playoffs." The announcer boomed over the intercom. The cheerleaders were cheering loud and the fans were on their feet trying to encourage the Eagles to victory. "And here's the kick!"

Spencer moved towards the ball waiting for it the fall into his hands. "What we got? What we got here?" Coach Baker said as he watched him.

"He gets the rock, and he's loose!"

"Okay, okay. That's my boy!" Billy shouted.

"He's at the 50, the 40. He's got one man to beat."

"Let's go Spencer!" Juliet shouted from the sidelines.

"And all the way down to the Culver 20 yard line. Spencer James with an electrifying return."

And the crowed went wild. "My man. That's how you do it, young man." Billy told him as ran by and they bumped fists.

The offensive team lined up, and took position. The ball was snapped to Jordan and he didn't even try to get the ball to Asher's hands. Instead he threw it just in front of him causing him to miss it.

"What the hell was that, J?" Asher snapped as he walked up to him. "Where are you throwing the ball?" "Right where you're supposed to be. Run the right routes, and we're fine, Ash." Jordan clapped back as the two chested up.

"Hey, hey. We ain't got time for this, alright?" Spencer stepped in to break them up. "Come on!"

Jordan and Asher glared at one another as they took their position. "Down! Set! Down! Set!" Jordan called. "Wide 41. Wide 41. Set!" the ball was snapped to Jordan and he threw it to Asher, once again the placement of the ball wasn't accurate and Asher was hit hard. The fans couldn't help but cringe at the play.

"Adams and Baker seem to be on opposite sides of the playbook today."

"What the hell was that, man? He almost took my head off." Asher shouted as he charged after Jordan. Spencer put himself between the two again and said, "Hey, what's going on with you all? You been off all day. Get your ass in the game!"

"Hey! Look at the clock. Hurry up. Hurry up!" Coach Baker called and then saw the confrontation that was going on with his players and called a time out. As the Eagles were in their huddle, their coach looked at them. "Do you want to lose this game today? Y'all got two seconds. In under two seconds you need to make this right. Now get your asses out there and win this ball game."

"Hey, I can still make that play, coach." Spencer told him as he walked up to him.

"No. They're gonna be all over you. Two seconds, y'all. Stop messing around and make it happen. Go!"

Spencer ran out on the field and up to Jordan. He looked at him and said, "That safety's been head-hunting Asher all game. If he's covered, I got your back." "Right on." Jordan smiled. "Thank you."

"And here we go. Two seconds left. Beverly at Culver's 15 yard line."

"Here we go. Here we go." Coach Baker said.

"Let's go boys!" Juliet shouted.

"Down. Set" Jordan called.

"Hey, hey, hey! Double-a blitz. Double-a blitz." Spencer told him. "Double-a blitz. Here we go."

"Check Eagle. Check Eagle." Jordan started to call out and his players scrambled. "Hey, hey! Check Eagle. Check Eagle. Check Eagle. Check check Eagle. Let's go. Let's go!"