29

Twenty seven to twenty one was the score that read on the Beverly High's score board as the seconds counted down and the crowd grew louder and louder, cheering their Beverly Eagles to another victory with the state championship just within their reach.

As everyone rushed the field once more in celebration, Juliet stayed behind. She watched as the other cheerleaders and all of her friends hugged and jumped up and down, some were even crying. She had a wide smile on her face. She looked towards the corner of the field and saw the back of Jordan's jersey as he made his way towards the locker room.

She quickly followed behind him. Following him all the way to the locker room. When she opened the door, the saw him sitting on the bench infront of his locker. "Congratulations, QB1." She said as she walked over to him. He looked up and a broad smile came over his face when he saw her. "What are you doing here." He asked as he stood up laughing.

"No one should celebrate that victory alone."

She wrapped her arms around him as he lifted her chin and kissed her lips. After he pulled away he ran his thumb over her bottom lip and said, "Thank you."

"For what?" She asked him.

"For believing in me, even when I didn't believe in myself."

"There will never come a time that I don't believe in you Jordan Baker, you know that."

He kissed her once more, this time she felt herself melting into his arms. He pressed her up against the wall and he kissed her deep. She craved more of his touch.

As he kissed her neck, the rumbling sounds of an excited football team grew closer and closer which meant that Coach Baker also grew closer and closer. Juliet pulled away from Jordan and she quickly headed for the back door to escape before she's seen. "I'll see you later?" Jordan called out to her. She turned to face him and shook her head yes with a smile she couldn't shake.

As soon as the door closed behind her, she heard the boys as they started to filter into the locker room "Alright alright!" She heard Jordan shout as she pressed her back up against the door. "Whose house?" "Our house!" The entire team shouted back.

"I'm sorry I can't here you. Whose house?"

"Our house!" They shouted back again, this time louder.

"And who's next?"

"South Crenshaw!"

______

Over the last month, it had become common for Chris to hang out in Beverly Hills with Olivia, Spencer, and their friends. It had become a common reoccurrence for Chris Olivia, Spencer, Layla, Jordan, and Juliet to all triple date. He was finally realizing that maybe Beverly Hills kids weren't as bad as he thought they were.

As they all hung out in Eagle Cafe, Chris looked at Jordan and said, "Hey, you know what, y'all? I'd actually like to make a toast to the Beverly Eagles." They all gave him a confusing look as he raised his glass. "Congratulations on doing something me and my boys never could. And that's making it to the championship with my boy Spencer."

Spencer rolled his eyes at Chris' joke and Jordan shook his head smiling. "Hey, that's fine, alright? We'll take Spence any day of the week." He replied as he and Spencer bumped fists.

"You know what? Y'all should actually come through to my crib tonight. My parents are out of town, so you know I'm throwing a party. It could be one last celebration before we crush y'all dreams next week."

"Are we sure a party with both Beverly Hills and South Crenshaw is a good idea?" Juliet questioned.

"A party?" JJ asked as he walked by and pulled his phone from his pocket. "I'm on it." "He's on it?" Chris muttered and suddenly everyone's phone was going off. "OK, how does he know my address?"