79

"It's not like it's that far away." Madison told her cousin as she laid sprawled out on the bed. Juliet looked at Madison from her window seat and gave her a confused look. "But it is? It's on the other side of the country. It's almost 2,300 miles, Madi."

"Oh, well I guess I didn't realize.. I have no doubt the you guys will be okay. If I have faith in anyone, it's you two."

"Our relationship is already on thin ice as it is."

"Jules, Kyle doesn't leave until next fall. There's plenty of time between then and now. Okay? He loves you. Was he as asshole, no doubt. He was under a lot of stress and took it out on you. Completely uncalled for. But he's sorry."

"I should call him."

"You should."

As much as Juliet wanted to call Kyle and talk about things, she couldn't bring herself to do it just yet. The news was still fresh, it hadn't even been 24 hours. It was still all on the down low. She knew come Monday, that would be a different story.

As Madison and Juliet sat up in her room, there was a knock at the door and Jordan appeared in the door way. "Jordan Baker." Madison smiled. "Come to finally tell me that you're in love with me?" He let out an awkward laugh shaking his head. "Uh- no. I don't think Simone would forgive a second time." She replied.

"Simone?" She scoffed looking to Juliet who shrugged her shoulders with a small smile. "You're back together? Don't tell me she's pregnant again."

"Madi." Juliet snapped trying to prevent any awkward tension.

"Not this time, no." Jordan replied.

"Well," Madison sighed. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"My dad told me about Kyle's offer.. I came to see how Jules is holding up to the news." He turned to look at her and said, "Are you okay?" As he stepped inside the room.

She looked to her cousin and Madison stood to her feet and started for the door. She could tell Juliet wanted their conversation to be private. "I should be going. If you need anything, Jules, just let me know. Okay?"

"Will do." Juliet smiled.

"Later, Baker." She called out.

"Later." Jordan replied.

Jordan looked at Juliet and could see the look of sadness she wore on her face. A look all to familiar to him. "So, how are you?" He asked as he walked over and sat next to her. "I'm good. It's just college, right?" She replied.

"Yeah, but it's scary. I'm going through the same thing with Simone. She's also decided to go to school in Georgia."

"Bringston?"

"Yeah, Bringston."

Juliet let out a soft laugh. "It's no big deal. According to Madi 'it's not that far away'."

"It- it's literally on the other side of the country?" 

"Her words, not mine."

Jordan let out a laugh as he shook his head. "We'll get though this."

"You think so?"