75

Fruasto, JJ, Jordan, Kyle, and Juliet walked through the hospital doors to the trauma waiting room and saw Spencer sitting with Patience and Olivia. The three of them looked up and Spencer stood to his feet as Juliet ran up to him and they wrapped their arms around each other. "Jules.." he quietly whispered, he was glad to have his best friend. "We're here for you and Coop." She whispered back and they let go. Spencer took a step back and looked at Jordan. "I'm sorry." He said. "I can't believe you're all here, man."

"Where else would we be?" Kyle asked.

"Look, Spence, I should be the one apologizing, okay." Jordan told him. "Not you."

"You got it, bruh." He replied and the two wrapped each other in a hug. Kyle looked at Patience and saw just how hard she was taking it. He walked over wrapping her in his arms.

"How... how's Coop doing? Any update?" JJ asked. Just as he did, Ms. James and Mr. Cooper joined them with less than exciting looks on their face.

"What? What is it?" Patience asked them.

"She made it through surgery." Mr. Cooper replied.

"Thank God." Patience gasped. "That's good news." Olivia added confused by their facial expressions.

"They won't know the extent of the damage until she wakes up." Mr. Cooper continued.

"What is it, Ma?" Spencer asked her. "What are y'all not saying?"

"The surgery was... Rough."She told them. "She barely made it through. It's not a matter of when she wakes up. It's if... She wakes up."

"C-Coop's in a coma?" Patience asked.

"Yeah."

The news hit everyone hard. Patience couldn't control herself as Olivia had her wrapped tight in a hug. Spencer stood looking at the floor unsure on how to react while Grace held her son. Jordan and JJ shared a look then tan their hands over their faces. Juliet looked to the ceiling feeling tears fill her eyes as Kyle wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into him. How could such an amazing night turn so quickly.

______

Juliet knocked on the Baker's door hoping that Olivia was home. As soon as the last knock hit the door it opened and Laura was looping her arm through her purse. "Juliet!" She smiled. "I haven't seen you here in forever. Sweetie, how are you?" "I'm good Mrs. Baker. And yourself?" She replied.

"I'm great. Is there something I can do for you?"

"I was hoping to catch Liv."

"Last I knew she was with Spencer at the hospital and was about to head home for the night. You're more than welcome to wait for her. She should be here shortly. I'd stay with you but I actually have to head to the office to grab a file."

"If you don't mind?"

"Of course not! As long as you don't mind being alone in the house."

Juliet gave Laura a smile and said, "Thank you."

"Of course sweetie. Just lock the door behind me, okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

Once the door was closed Juliet locked the door knob and turned to walk into the Bakers house. It was crazy to her how something so familiar seemed so different even though nothing had changed. A house that was once a second home to her was not just a pit stop for short conversations.

She walked over to the kitchen and sat at the island. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to check for a text from Spencer, but there was no reply to her asking  if there was any update on Coop.