56

It was Saturday night which meant that it was date night. Kyle quickly made his way around his truck to open passenger door for Juliet. As they got closer to the Cade entrance, Juliet saw the dinning room full of people she knew. One behind Simone which meant Jordan was probably somewhere near by. "Why don't we go somewhere else?" She asked and she suddenly stopped filling Kyle's hand back towards her. "What's wrong with the Cafe?" He questioned.

"There's just a lot of people, that's all."

"Juliet." He said not buying it.

She looked back to the restaurant and let out a small sigh. "Okay."

She followed his lead hoping to hide behind him as much as possible, but it was no use. "Kyle!" Spencer said as soon as they walked in. "What's up man?" Kyle replied walking over to him, Juliet's hand still in his.

"An attempted double date with Simone and Jordan apparently."

Kyle and Juliet both looked to Asher and Olivia then the solo Simone.

"A double date gone wrong." Layla added with a smile.

"I see that." Juliet replied.

"Oh, what's up, what's up, my peeps?" They heard someone call from behind them and saw JJ as he joined the party with his date Vanessa.

"Oh, come on." Asher groaned.

"This was a really bad idea." Simone said to Layla.

"Yep." She agreed.

"Well, I'm sure most of you already know my lovely date Vanessa." JJ smiled.

"We're gonna need a bigger table." Spencer said with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Kyle and I can go." Juliet started but Spencer grabbed onto her arm and said "Ohhhh, no you can't."

Juliet sat at the counter next to Olivia waiting to order their food and Layla walked up and joined them. "Wonder what they're talking about." "I'm not." Olivia muttered. "Sure you are." Juliet chuckled.

"Okay. A little advice. If you want to keep them from knowing that we know that they think we don't know about their summer secret, then I'd stop looking over there so much."

"It sounds like you're enjoying this a little too much." Olivia replied.

"No, but, you know, I wouldn't mind making Asher pay for messing up a good thing and breaking your heart. Seriously, Liv, why in the hell haven't you told him that you know about summer?"

"I have my reasons."

"Okay but their relationship is weird. I was in the hall with Asher when Vanessa first found out that Asher goes to Beverly. I'm telling you it was like a scene right now of a movie but this time the guy didn't say anything." Juliet chimed in.

"Yeah, that's because he cheated on me with her." Olivia sighed and walked away.

"So you know how I'm really good at reading a room?" Spencer said as he walked up to the two and stood between them. "Olivia's clearly avoiding Asher, who seems more concerned with JJ dating the new girl. How am I doing so far?"

"Scary good." Layla replied.

"Mm-hmm. Tell me what's going on."

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. It's, like, the biggest summer secret ever."

"Well, it isn't the only one." Juliet nonchalantly said before she began walking towards Kyle.

"What's she talking about?" Layla asked Spencer.

"I have no idea." He replied.

Once Juliet made it to Kyle's side he wrapped his arm around her waist. "Did you get your food ordered?" He asked.

"I didn't." She replied.

"Are you not hungry?"

"No, I am. But I'd rather grab a pizza to go and lay on my couch watching a movie with you. Alone." She kissed his lips and he immediately picked up on what she was putting down.

"Alright guys we're going to head out. It was nice seeing you all but I'm going to have to catch you later." He smiled as he grabbed Juliet's hand and pulled her towards the door.

The two laid in Juliet's bed wrapped up in her sheets. Luckily for them with Kimberly being home for the first time in weeks, Ezra treated her with a night out on the town. Hard telling when they were going to be home. "I wish you could make it to the game Friday." Kyle said as her twisted her hand with his fingers. "Me too." She sighed. "It's too bad the season opener for Crenshaw and Beverly are on the same night."

"It really is."

"Are you nervous?"

"Not really. We still have some things to work out and a lot of the guys don't like each other. But I think we'll be alright. How's Beverly looking?"

"Good, I guess. I stopped going to their practices like I use to so I'm not too sure."

"How's the cheer team? Did Alyssa make it?"

"Barely. Coach didn't want her on the team because of the drama she started last season. But she's a good cheerleader and I couldn't not have her on the team. She doesn't know we are dating, does she?"

"I never told her."

"Good." Juliet smiled. "Me either."

______

The entire game, Juliet couldn't help but wish that she was at South Crenshaw cheering on her boyfriend and best friend. Instead she was at Beverly cheering on JJ and her ex-boyfriend.

As soon as the game we over she quickly made her way to her car and headed for Spencer's house for an after game get together.

"Hey." Juliet said as she walked over to Kyle, who was on the couch, and sat on his lap. "Hey, babe." He replied and kissed her lips.

"So? Did you guys win?" She asked looking between him and Spencer.

"No.. We lost by one point." Kyle replied.

"Yeah, but that second half? You guys are gonna be good this year." Layla smiled. Luckily for her she was able to watch her boyfriend. "And you know, at least your arm didn't-"

"It went numb." Spencer replied cutting her off.

"What?" Kyle snapped.

"You played so well, I thought.." Layla trialed off.

"Nah, it wasn't during the game. It happened right before. Standing on the field, listening to the drums, they sounded like the shooter."

"Have you thought about therapy?" Juliet asked him.

"I did physical therapy for months."

"I'm not talking about physical therapy. I'm talking about sports psychology therapy. It's growing in the medical field. Whatever's going on is more than just physical."

"You think it's all in my head?"

"It could be." Layla told him. "Maybe your head's messing with you."

"Yeah.. maybe. Okay I'll look into it. So how'd Beverly do tonight?"

Juliet let out a light laugh and shook her head. "They pulled a W, but man was it ugly."