25

Just as Jordan had said, it was a new day. Juliet woke up, showered, did her hair, put on her makeup, and got dressed for the school day that was ahead of her. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't paranoid about the things that people were going to say, but she couldn't care. All she cared about was the fact that she and Jordan were fine and everything was going to be okay with them.

As the garage door opened and she walked to her car, something bright and red caught her eye. She looked out the door and saw Jordan leaning against the passenger side door. "Get in." He told her. "I can drive myself." She replied.

"I know. But this way if you need to leave because of things people are saying you have to come to me. No more running."

She let out a sigh and walked towards his car. She closed the garage door and hopped in. Although she wasn't a fan of him feeling like he needed to babysit her, she low key appreciated why he did what he was doing. He wasn't going to let her fight without him.

As soon as they pulled into the school parking lot her heart started to beat a little faster and her forehead felt a little warm. Although she was going to carry her head high, she much rather be in the comfort of her bed.

She got out of the car and stared at the building, waiting for her feet to move themselves. Jordan grabbed her cheer bag from this back seat and tossed it over his shoulder. He grabbed her hand and said, "You can do this."

She swallowed hard, and followed Jordan's steps. When he opened the doors and they walked into the school less people were staring than the Monday before. It could also be that she didn't look around to see if they were. She saw Olivia at the end of the hall and her eyes stayed fixated on her.

"Hey!" Olivia said with wide eyes and a smile as the two walked up to her. "Hey." Juliet replied as they hugged.

"Jules, I was wondering if you could by chance help with the pep rally stage tonight after football practice?" Layla asked as she walked up to them. "Everyone else is apparently too busy with studying for their midterms."

"Oh, yeah no problem." She replied.

"Great. And by the way, I'm glad you're back. Seems we all three have officially been slut shamed by Beverly High. We should consider starting a club."

Jordan shook his head at the comment made. It may have been too soon for jokes, but Juliet couldn't help but laugh along with the others. She needed to be normal, she needed the intensity of it all knocked down a few notches.

As Layla walked down the hall to Spencer, Juliet's eyes followed and she watched them hug. "They're good together." She said.

"Yeah," Olivia agreed with a smile, "They sure are."

While they watched Spencer and Layla, Tyler Adlerman walked by and looked Juliet up and down. A smile came over his face as he tapped his friends side and said, "Hey Juliet, I may not be a QB, but I was wondering if you can still show me a good time." Jordan dropped her bag from his shoulder and walked towards Tyler. "What the hell did you just say?" He snapped at him as Juliet pushed him back saying, "Jordan don't, please." And Olivia shoved Tyler away.

"You really think it's okay to disrespect a female like that?" Jordan continued. "I'll kick your ass, Adlerman!"

"Jordan!" Juliet said as she pulled his face down to hers. "Let it go, okay?"

He finally knew what it was like for Juliet all of Monday, and he hated it. The rest of the day he was there to walk her to each and every one of her classes to make sure that no one said anything to her. He didn't leave her side at lunch and glared at anyone who looked at her for longer than he thought they should. He was protective of her. Even though by mid day she didn't need it anymore. She could handle her own.