87

Juliet stood in front of her mirror. Her long blonde hair curled into perfect curls. Her white dress with cut outs on the side was neatly ironed and hit her mid thigh. Her nude strapped heals finishing it out. She turned her attention to her closet door where her cap and gown were hanging up. There was a knock at her door and her mom walked in. "Are you ready?" She asked. "Yeah." Juliet gave her a smile and headed for the door. As Kimberly and Juliet walked down the stairs, Ezra was walking for the door as he fastened his cuff links. "You two look beautiful." He smiled up at him. "Thank you." Kimberly smiled back.

"Are you ready?" He asked his daughter. "As ready as I'll ever be." She replied.

High school was a rollercoaster for Juliet. Freshman and sophomore year were a breeze. Junior and Senior year, things got more complicated. Her friendships were tested. School mates talked. She was bullied. She suffered her first broken heart. She met someone great and he let her past relationship ruin it. But not all things were bad. She was able to complete four years of cheer- two as captain. She made great memories with friends, and she fell in love twice. She was grateful for high school, but she was always ready to leave it in the past.

Her classmates were gathered together near the locker rooms waiting to make their appearance on the football field and accept their diplomas. She looked for her designated spot when was just one away from Jordan. Once in line she slipped her gown on and attempted to put her cap on. "Need some help with that?" Jordan asked when she saw her trying to figure it out. "Please?" She replied holding it out to him. He took the cap placing it perfectly on her head.

"So, are you excited?" He didn't know why he felt the need to make small talk.

"Beyond." She told him.

"It's too bad our graduation is the same day as Crenshaws."

"Yeah, I'm sure Spencer would like to be here for Lov."

"Yeah. I'm sure Kyle would like to be here for you too."

"I doubt he'd come."

"Really?"

"Really." She chuckled and reached down to zip up her gown.

"Oh." Jordan was going to leave it alone, but there was a need for him to hear it from her. "I didn't realize the two of you were back together."

Her head immediately shot up. "What? No, we aren't?"

"I saw you two coming out of JJs bedroom?"

"You ready to do this graduation thing?" Olivia asked as she walked up to Juliet and hugged her from behind.

"Beyond." Juliet replied as she wrapped her arms around Olivia's before she let go.

"Our moms assistant is at your house now helping the caterer and event planner make sure that everything is perfect."

"There's an event planner?" Jordan asked.

"You really think either of our parents had time to plan our graduation party?" Olivia laughed and turned back to Juliet. "Spencer isn't walking at graduation."

"What? Why?" Juliet was so caught up in studying for finals and laying low she didn't even realize something was going on with Spencer.

"He wouldn't rat out his teammates on flooding our gym. He took full blame."

"He's graduating though, right?"

"Yeah yeah, he just can't walk."

"When will that boy learn he doesn't always have to be the hero."

"Spencer James not playing the hero? Nah." Jordan laughed.

The three were quiet for a moment. Juliet looked at the both of them and a smile came across her face. "What?" Jordan asked, he couldn't help but smile back. He loved that smile of hers.

"It's been a wild 13 years with you guys. We've been through so much. It's special to me that I started kindergarten with my best friends and now I'm graduating high school with them. Tears filled Olivia's eyes as she reached out and wrapped her arms around her hugging her tight. Jordan reached down and wrapped them both in a hug and let out a heavy sigh. "You know Jules.. This doesn't have to end."

"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"You can always come to Golden Angeles University with us."

"They have a great Psych department." Olivia encouraged.

"You guys know UCLA is my dream school." She laughed.

"Dreams change." Jordan told her as he held her eyes.

She looked back up at him and gave him a small smile. He was right, dreams can change.

It's a short one, but we are FINALLY out of high school and on our way to college😍