28

The anger and fire that burned within Spencer came in handy just as Jordan presumed it would with their game against Tarzana. With Jordan's precise passes and Spencer's ability to catch the ball and run it hard, the Eagles were able to pull a second round victory in the playoffs allowing them to advance one step closer to the championship.

The crowed cheered loud as everyone flooded the opponents field in celebration. Jordan was once more no where to be seen, he headed straight for the locker room once the clock hit zero.

As Jordan filtered out with the rest of his team and headed for the bus, he saw Juliet standing with Olivia and Layla talking. He walked up from behind her, wrapped his arm around her shoulders and said, "Ladies." Juliet wrapped her arm around his waist pulling him in tight and said, "Congratulations, Jordan Baker."

"Thank you, thank you." He replied and kissed her lips.

"How does it feel knowing your one game away from the state championship?" Olivia asked her brother.

"Amazing." He smiled.

"Oh, there's Spencer." Layla said after he finally made his appearance in the parking lot. "I'll catch you guys later, okay?" And she took off after him.

Jordan looked down at Juliet with a wide smile and said, "I told you that his harbored aggression was going to come in handy tonight."

She didn't say anything in response. She simply rolled her eyes and turned her head so she could see Spencer. He had a wide smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around Layla's waist. She was happy Layla was there to ground him.

"What are you talking about?" Olivia questioned.

"Juliet here is worried for Spencer with his dad being here and all."

"Well yeah? I mean, aren't you?"

"Of course I am. But Spencer is grown and if you ask me I think he's handling everything pretty well."

"Jordan's just happy his channeling his anger into football." Juliet laughed.

"Can you blame me? This is when we all need to show up the most."

Olivia and Juliet shook their heads and Jordan as he shrugged his shoulders and smile.

"Hey, Jordan." They heard a random voice come from no where. When Juliet looked to her left she saw a group of girls from the opposing team as they walked by. "Good game." A girl with black hair said shyly. "Thank you!" Jordan replied with a broad smile.

As the girls walked away they all started to giggle. Juliet was never the jealous type. But she couldn't help but crinkle her nose at how the group of girl acted. "Who was that?" She asked as she looked up at Jordan and noticed that he was watching the girls as they walked away. "No clue." He told her.

"Just a bunch of giggly school girls who probably think it's cute to act stupid and not have a mind of their own." Olivia blurted out. Juliet looked at her with a confused- yet amused face. "I mean, that's my assumption." Olivia continued.

Jordan let out an awkward laugh and turned to see that most of the team was already on the bus. "We gotta get going, babe." He told Juliet as he dropped his arm from her shoulders and reached for her hand. She looked to Olivia and said, "Are you going to JJ's tonight? He's probably throwing a rager."

"I don't think so. I'll probably just head home and watch a movie or something." Olivia sighed. Juliet felt bad for even asking her friend, who was still dealing with her recovery, if she was going to a party. A party that would be full of triggers for her. She pressed her lips together in an apologetic face and reached out and grabbed her hand. She squeezed it back and said, "Have fun though, and be safe."