32

While in the kitchen after her morning shower, Juliet heard the doorbell ring and a moment later her dad appeared on the other side of the island with someone following behind him. "Honey someone is here to see you." When she looked up she saw Spencer. "Hey." She said to him. "What brings you to the hills on a Sunday?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Oh, okay."

"And that's my que." Ezra said and made his way for the stairs. "Lovely seeing you, Spencer."

"Yes, same to you Mr. Banks." He replied. As soon as Ezra was out of ear shot, he turned back to Juliet.

"What's up?" She asked as he sat in a stool.

"Look Jules, I'm telling you this as my friend and not Jordan Baker's girl, aight?"

"..Okay?"

"My pops is taking over the head coach position for Crenshaw next fall and he wants me to come play for him."

"That's awesome!"

"Is it?" He sounded relieved.

"Well, yeah! Why wouldn't it- wait, you'd be leaving Beverly High then, wouldn't you?"

Spencer shook his head as he pressed his lips together. "I'd leave Beverly Hills all together. I'd be back at home with my mom and Dillon. I'd go back to Crenshaw."

"Is that a good idea?"

"I'd be with my old man."

"Yeah, but you'd be at Crenshaw.."

"You act like that's a bad thing?"

Juliet could tell that Spencer was starting to become defensive by the look on his face and the tone of his voice. "No, I didn't mean it like that. It's just, you were getting into fights there, dealing with gang violence. I think that it would be amazing for you to play for your dad, I do! But Beverly is a great school-"

"So is Crenshaw, aight?" He snapped as he stood to his feet.

"Okay."

Spencer held Juliet's eyes for a brief moment then looked out the window. "I should go."

"Let me take you."

"Nah, I brought my pops car, I'm good. I'll catch you later."

Before Juliet could say anything more, Spencer was already seeing himself out. She didn't know what exactly had happened and couldn't help but feel that two were now fighting.

She made her way up the stairs to do her hair and get ready as Jordan was going to be there any minute to pick her up. Just as she was putting her second shoe shoe on, she heard the doorbell sound and her dad call her name.

"You seem to have plenty of visitors this morning." Ezra said as she made her way down the stairs. "I'd hardly call two plenty." She replied, kissed him on the cheek, and made her way towards Jordan grabbing his hand as pulled him towards the car.

"Bye Mr. Banks!" Jordan called behind him.

When they got to the car, Jordan held the door open for his girlfriend and jogged around to the other side. He slide into the divers seat and took off out of the circle drive. Within ten minutes they were pulling into the Eagles Cafe. "Should have know." Juliet laughed.

They walked into the Cafe hand in hand and when they did, the entire dinning hall erupted in cheers and applause. Jordan wore the biggest smile on his face as he did a 360° spin holding his arms out.

Once everyone calmed down, he grabbed Juliet's hand once more and lead her to the pool table where some of his teammates were gathered around, including Asher.