65

As usual on a Saturday night The Cafe was filled with kids from Beverly High hanging out, eating food, and playing pool. Unfortunately for Spencer that night,
he was stuck running orders and clearing tables.

Juliet watched him as he moved table to table trying to keep things as tidy as he could and filling empty cups as needed. He made his way to their table and said,
"Can I get y'all anything?" "Jules, you need anything?" Kyle asked. "I'm fine. Thanks." She smiled and Jordan nodded his head and carried on his way.

They sat a moment longer and from the corner of her eye Juliet saw JJ heading their way. 'Shit' she thought to herself. She knew JJ was coming over to pry about homecoming.

"How's my favorite couple doing?" He smiled as he wrapped his arm around Kyle's shoulder. "Good.
How's JJ?" He replied.

"Well, I was doing great until Juliet here informed me you guys aren't going to homecoming."

Kyle looked at Juliet with confusion in his eyes. "We aren't going to your homecoming?"

"I didn't plan on it." She awkwardly replied.

"What? Why?"

"Beverly's track record isn't that great for homecomings."

"So that means you don't go? We could make it a good night?"

"And I know doubt that." Juliet looked up to JJ and said, "Can you give us a second?" "Of course." he replied.

As soon and JJ walked away Kyle looked at Juliet and said, "My first school dance as your boyfriend and you just chose not to invite me?"

"When's your homecoming?"

"Next week."

"You haven't invited me?"

"Thats because I didn't think you'd want to go."

There was a loud crack of balls braking at the pool
table. When Juliet turned to see what was going on, her eyes met those of Jordan who was playing pool with Asher and JJ. Seeing Jordan reminded Juliet that she had been meaning to talk to Spencer.

She quickly looked around where she saw him clearing off a section of tables. "I'll be right back." Juliet told Kyle and stood to her feet walking away from their hostile conversation. After Juliet left the table Kyle had a clear shot of Jordan who was watching them.

"Do you want to tell me why you've been helping Jordan on the field when he's on the IL?" Juliet snapped as she walked up to Spencer and sat in the chair of the table he was cleaning. He looked shocked to know she knew. "What was I suppose to do? Tell him no?" He asked.

"Yeah, Spencer you were."

"We aren't practicing hard, alright? I'm just helping him get back to 100 so he's ready for homecoming."

"There's no way they are going to clear him."

"You don't know that."

"The only way he's going to get cleared is if he somehow figures out how to pass his evaluation."

"Yo, why are you so worried about him?"

"He's my friend."

"Really? Because last I knew he told you in Vegas that he still loves you."

"Your point being?"

"I think maybe you still love him too."

"I love Kyle, you know that."

"Then why ain't you taking him to homecoming next week?"

"Because of what happened last year."

"So? Layla and Asher ain't together. Everyone already knows he slept with Liv. Nothing going to happen."