83

You can't have a rainbow without rain. While the event of Beverly's gym flooding was unfortunate, it allowed South Crenshaw to open their doors to co-op prom. I'm doing so meant the entire friend group could spend senior prom together. Well, mostly everyone.

"Seriously, we owe you guys for letting us crash your prom." Juliet told Patience as they were in the gym decorating for the following night. "I know this must be a pain in the ass." Olivia added. "Girl, not for me, but Chris, on the other hand, he's-"

"Cute." Layla said walking up and putting a center piece on a table. Patience looked over to the stage to see a guy staring at them, specifically Layla. She looked at her and said. "Spill. What's up?" "Spill what?" She replied.

"What is up with the hot guy who's been staring at you?"

"Okay. Relax. That's Clay, he's just a producer friend who's managing the DJ we booked."

"Um, I don't know. He looks like more than friend material." Olivia laughed.

"Okay. Whatever. It's all business."

"And that's a damn shame because he is fine." Juliet told her.

"He's coming, he's coming, he's coming." Patience mumbled to her.

"Hey." Clay said as he walked up behind Layla.

"Hi." She awkwardly replied.

"So, any last-minute song requests you want the DJ to play?"

"Um..."

"Layla, actually," Patience started. "She was asking about that song called 'More Than Friends' by En Vogue?"

"Oh right!" Juliet agreed picking up where she was going with it.

"We're gonna..." Olivia started as she grabbed onto Juliet and Patience's wrists. "Excuse us."

"She loves that one." Patience quickly told him as they walked away.

Clay and Layla let out a laugh. "Thank you for getting the DJ on board last minute. I owe you one."
She told him. "Yeah, you do." He agreed. "How about you pay me back with a Kim Nitty collab with my rapper Shock Li?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of free studio time."

"Only if you come with it. Professionally speaking, of course." Layla wasn't picking up on his charm. "Come on, we're both the hottest producers in the game right now." He said trying to convince her.

"I work alone, but I'll see ya around." She smiled and headed back over to her friends.

Juliet looked forward to senior prom with Kyle for months. Slow dancing under dimmed lights as he held her close. The reality of it not happening hit her hard as she started to get ready. "Juliet sweetie," Kimberly called from the bottom of the stairs. "I'm dying to see what dress you chose!" She looked to her husband that was standing next to her and said "Though I wish she would wear both."

"You want her to wear both?" Ezra questioned.

"Yeah. Switch halfway through the night. I worked hard on both of those dresses."